Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
anlicata

Many features missing, need your opinion

Post by anlicata »

Hi all,

I'm missing a lot of features.
What I think which every cheap camera is able to do:
- local video streaming URL, for recording with common NVR
- no Internet connection to setup the camera, the connection to the Netatmo webpage is not always possible expecially in security areas
- EMail alert, with screenshot

Feature requests:
- ONVIF support
- different triggers for flood light and alarming
- adjustable video lenght

Noise level of the microphone is terrible
Kind regards
Toni
Badflex

Re: Many features missing, need your opinion

Post by Badflex »

-Time settings for the flood light.
chrisat

Post by chrisat »

Image rotation when the camera is mounted upside down (not on the wall but on the ceiling)
kiboost

Post by kiboost »

chrisat wrote:Image rotation when the camera is mounted upside down (not on the wall but on the ceiling)
I may buy one to mount it upside, do you mean the image with be upside ???
php-simpleNetatmoAPI Simple to use php API based on official API.
like_netatmo

Post by like_netatmo »

Hello netatmo team!

First thank you for providing such good products in the market. I just installed the netatmo presence camera after the weather station and the thermostat relais, and there might come some more.

For the presence camera I'd appreciate it to be able to adjust it more detailed via mobile phone app.

* For example it would be nice, if it would be possible, to enable the flood light always when it is dark with low brightness and increase the brightness, if e.g. a person occures in the video.
* Enable a flashing flood light, if a e.g. person stays longer than a defined period of time within the video.

I am looking forward to your feedback!
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hi all,
Thanks for sharing these feature requests with us.
We will forward them to our Product team for consideration.
As for image rotation (180°), it will be available in the coming weeks.
Regards,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
anlicata

Post by anlicata »

I have the cam now 4 weeks in use, I found many other issues or feature requests.

Wifi connection is bad, since last update even worst.
No notification when wifi connection is bad.
Even no record of video sometimes.

Would like to have a streaming URL, for integration in other Software an Homeautomation. I.e. Doorbell.

Differention between Alarm and Recording zones.
Light switch, during live view.

Timestamp in the video.

Many other features missing, even my cheapest Reolink camera is able to do the features above.

Someone wants to comment?

Netatmo team is there somewhere a feature request webpage?
Kind regards
Toni
Una Real

Post by Una Real »

anlicata wrote:Many other features missing, even my cheapest Reolink camera is able to do the features above.

Someone wants to comment?
Maybe it's to do with translation, but for a feature to be "missing" it must have been listed as a feature in the first place. And to keep comparing the Presence with a "cheaper" camera - thereby implying the Presence is somehow an expensive inferior choice only makes me wonder why you bought it in the first place. Seems like you have some buyer's remorse brought about by either a misunderstanding of, or just plain wishful thinking about the Presence's features. Otherwise, you'd simply be requesting future features for the Presence and leave the Reolink entirely out of the discussion. Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but you did ask for comments. ;)
Tiamat1701

Post by Tiamat1701 »

My feeling is that the Presence is really designed for people who want "set and forget" convenience. These are people who do not want to mess with Wi-Fi settings, granular control over recording resolution, frame rate, setting up a local SAMBA or NFS shares, worrying about opening a port on a firewall, trying to adjust the motion detection settings to minimize false alarms, etc

I have a $100 3 MP PoE IP camera that takes better video quality, better IR/night quality than the Presence.

Why did I buy a Presence? Well I needed the floodlight feature, I like that it can turn on when it senses motion. I like that it categorizes motion detection into cars, people, animals, other. I like that I don't have to fuss with a lot of settings, but I can still get it to save videos on my NAS FTP server. I like that it is Wi-Fi so I don't have to run PoE ethernet cables to the outside of my home.

What I don't like about the Presence are:
1) poor video quality during daytime
2) poor video quality at night (IR-recorded video is actually better than floodlight-on video)
3) a lot of wind noise - should have an option to toggle a wind noise bandpass filter for the mic in the app

For those points above, my dedicated PoE IP camera is much better.
anlicata

Post by anlicata »

Hi all,
the question was why did I buy the camera.
Because it doesn't look like a camera and because of the flood light.
My expections were high because the price is high.
What I try is to get an official way to get user feature requests, and maybe Netatmo has interest in what thr people want.
But as long some feature are missing, the prsence will not be sold as good as expected.
Kind regards
Toni

Return to “General questions”