Max horizontal adjustment angle?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jelockwood

Max horizontal adjustment angle?

Post by jelockwood » 18 Nov 2016, 16:13

The pictures of the presence clearly show that the vertical angle of the presence can be considerably adjusted and that it is recommended to have it at a 30º from the vertical angle. Less clearly the pictures show it is also possible to have it set to a horizontal angle.

What is the maximum horizontal angle it can be set to? In one location I would like to mount one it might best be served with a 90º angle set.

This picture - https://www.netatmo.com/wwwimages/resso ... .jpg?v=557 - is the best I could find showing it set to a horizontal angle other than zero, it is turned horizontally left as you look at it. Actually looking at it again after having viewed the fitting instructions I can see 90º would not be possible and it looks like at most 45º is all you could manage.

jofre_netatmo

Re: Max horizontal adjustment angle?

Post by jofre_netatmo » 18 Nov 2016, 19:08

Hi jelockwood,
Yes, the horizontal angle is 45°.
However, the field of view is 100°, that means you'll be recording in parallel to the wall if you turn the camera 45°.
Regards,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

jelockwood

Post by jelockwood » 18 Nov 2016, 19:34

The issue is that the front door to my house does not face the street but rather the side.

Code: Select all

Door     |                  | S
=========---=====+------------------+ T
                     Path           | R
------------------------------------+ E
                                    | E
                                    | T
To watch someone approaching the front door it needs to point past the door to the street. If it cannot view parallel to the wall of the house then it will not see someone until they are half-way down the path.

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 18 Nov 2016, 19:57

Hi jelockwood,
I suggest you install your camera as in the picture below, so you can see who approaches your door.
45_degree_wall.png
45 degree wall
45_degree_wall.png (26.68 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Regards,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Return to “General questions”