Video Quality

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Una Real

Re: Video Quality

Post by Una Real »

jueti wrote:+1 on this Una Real.

I will give them a chance as well. Until end of this month. Definately not longer for such premium priced device.
Agreed. However, the end of the month is being pretty generous. That's a long time to wait for fixes that are integral to the basic function of the product as claimed.
jueti

Post by jueti »

We are on same line here my friend.

At this moment the Presence is an expensive floodlight with average video surveillance capabilities, working flawlessly in respect to dropouts or disconnects (so far) in my personal case but totally inacceptable as a security device in terms of video quality, especially if compared to the given promises on Netatmo website and advertising.

I have a second Presence unwrapped in original package just to be either installed or returned together with the original one, depending on how Netatmo will react to the current wide spread criticism and claims.

If returns will increase then resellers like amazon (where I got mine from) will soon stop selling this item.
(Like they already did with the Welcome Tags)

My purchase of a Welcome camera for in-house use has already been abandoned, I cannot see why I should go for the investement unless this even more expensive item hasn't been fixed.

Personally I guess they are still enjoying the good PR outcome with good sales of productd, however the wave of unsatisfied customers will blow them away if they do not react in due time.

@ NETATMO admins
No offense taken, but do you monitor and count the huge criticism and disappointment from customers here in this forum?

What are you going to do about it?

No answer, comment or statement will propably manifest in massive returns IMHO.
Una Real

Post by Una Real »

Well said, jueti.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Totally agree Una Real and Jueti

Will return my camera, edit my reviews, warn friends/collegues and neighbours who consider this product.

I refuse to pay 300€ for a floodlight with worse video quality than my old analog Samsung cctv cam...lame!!
Netatmo Weather Station, rain and wind gauge.
Netatmo Presence Outdoor Camera.
Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell.
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

I do agree. Generally speaking the video quality is horrible.
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
maciii

Post by maciii »

I also agree that video quality is POOR!!!
kthemall

Post by kthemall »

hi, i would suggest you put your videos (short periods) on youtube to let us compare the quality. post links in here.

i´ll start
https://youtu.be/GaYzeDZ73I8

thx tom
maciii

Post by maciii »

BTW same issue is in French version of forum where is this answer from Netatmo guys: (translation by google) Limitation is a functional choice. The larger the bitrate the larger the video files. The SD card fills faster, the timeline has a shorter history, FTP uploads and Dropbox are slowed down, streaming will have more difficulty displaying 1080p resolution if the bitrate is not excellent etc. We are currently testing different configurations to get a better picture but we are looking for the best possible product as a whole, the quality of the video is not the only argument.

Why they ignore English answers? Probably because they are French and ignoring "other languages"??? How typical for most of French I met (and I know also a really good French guys too :)
maciii

Post by maciii »

Here is my quality https://youtu.be/PDXLcPHudD8
Slim

Post by Slim »

My cat caught on tape at night ;)

https://youtu.be/JknJ4gA0s_4

Daytime quality :

https://youtu.be/7ZTYCQ3Axuk
Netatmo Weather Station, rain and wind gauge.
Netatmo Presence Outdoor Camera.
Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell.

Return to “General questions”