Video Quality

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jueti

Re: Video Quality

Post by jueti » 29 Dec 2016, 22:14

The given video quality by the cameras we have purchased is no way close to what is shown on the Netatmo website nor promised in their marketing speech.

Whatever the technical reason for it, it is not our problem.
Given law clearly states that a company's statements on product features can vary by incidents, but must be true in general.
IMO this is not the fact re. the actual video quality we are experiencing.

@NETATMO admins
I would like to encourage you to post a statement on the given claims here.
What can you do to fix this issue ?

A observation / security camera advertised like yours and technically equipped with hardware like yours shall be able to provide better picture quality if engineers in software team have done their job accordingly.

This means it can be fixed, it might take time.
OK, understood, but pls. give us an estimate on the timeframe you might look at.

doodlewalker

Post by doodlewalker » 30 Dec 2016, 11:21

jueti wrote:The given video quality by the cameras we have purchased is no way close to what is shown on the Netatmo website nor promised in their marketing speech.

Whatever the technical reason for it, it is not our problem.
Given law clearly states that a company's statements on product features can vary by incidents, but must be true in general.
IMO this is not the fact re. the actual video quality we are experiencing.

@NETATMO admins
I would like to encourage you to post a statement on the given claims here.
What can you do to fix this issue ?

A observation / security camera advertised like yours and technically equipped with hardware like yours shall be able to provide better picture quality if engineers in software team have done their job accordingly.

This means it can be fixed, it might take time.
OK, understood, but pls. give us an estimate on the timeframe you might look at.
+1, Video quality is awful, and unusable as a security device.

kthemall

Post by kthemall » 31 Dec 2016, 09:34

netatmo on christmas holidays? if so happy christmas and a happy new year. still waiting for information on video quality

thx tom

kthemall

Post by kthemall » 05 Jan 2017, 07:49

think they are all at the CES??????

NETATMO????

Una Real

Post by Una Real » 05 Jan 2017, 16:08

Really no good reason for Netatmo reps to visit here again until FW version 83 is available. And that could be awhile. Lots and lots of compromises to be made and imagine that will take some time to sort out.

jueti

Post by jueti » 07 Jan 2017, 18:04

I can somehow understand that some of their staff is busy with CES where they announce new and demo current products.

However the Netatmo team shall be big enough to continue R&D with software maintenance and bug fixes for existing products on sale. The Presence camera is a rather new item and needs monitoring.

What is totally inacceptable to me is that they have this forum here with engaged users reporting issues, and they do not respond in due time to the most active threads.

If such behaviour continues over time they will face returns and claims for refunds as the given product quality is not according to their promises and statements given on the time of purchase.
Video quality, repeating disconnects, SD card size, ... just to mention some discrepencies between web advertising and reality.

Tiamat1701

Post by Tiamat1701 » 08 Jan 2017, 16:33

Unfortunately the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you feel unsatisfied with the product, I would encourage everyone to leave honest reviews on Amazon.com, Netatmo's Facebook page, etc.

Only when we get attention from the higher-ups at Netatmo will the Presence get fixed.

Una Real

Post by Una Real » 08 Jan 2017, 16:56

Have been giving Netatmo the benefit of the doubt and waiting for them to do another FW update before posting my review on Amazon. Between the less than "excellent" video quality, and currently 100 + instances of animals being identified as people; including squirrels, hawks, mourning doves, bluejays, and opossums - my review would be very unfavorable. And deserved.

jueti

Post by jueti » 08 Jan 2017, 19:04

+1 on this Una Real.

I will give them a chance as well. Until end of this month. Definately not longer for such premium priced device.

Una Real

Post by Una Real » 08 Jan 2017, 19:09

Tiamat1701 wrote:Unfortunately the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you feel unsatisfied with the product, I would encourage everyone to leave honest reviews on Amazon.com, Netatmo's Facebook page, etc.

Only when we get attention from the higher-ups at Netatmo will the Presence get fixed.
Basically, what this would indicate is Netatmo doesn't care about its customers - only potential customers being affected by negative publicity. And this increasingly appears to be the case. Sad.

Return to “General questions”