No more video display in app (ios) and web client

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
DAJ

Re: No more video display in app (ios) and web client

Post by DAJ » 13 Jan 2017, 15:19

Two cameras now down. Cannot view in either IOS or web app. Error message displayed in Web App as cannot load M3U8:404 not found on Live View (camera still connected as still can play recorded). Also, seem to have my first disconnection issue on another camera too (never had disconnects previously).

Tim

Post by Tim » 13 Jan 2017, 15:28

Since two days my camera was dead.
The camera app showed a black image, the app said the camera was started, but gave no indication that it was connected to the WiFi.
The camera IR LED did not come up at night and the floodlight wasn't working, either.
However, I could download a 24h video from the app and from the web interface, but the 24h video was from two days ago when the caera still worked.

I took the camera from the power today. Once again. (It did not help yesterday)

After 5 minutes and the app indicating that the connection to the camera was lost, I switched the power on again.
It seems that the camera still had a connection to the server.

Since 30 minutes the camera is started and connected and I have a working live video.
Video quality is bad, only in 360p mode, as if the connection was bad, but I am on the same WiFi and the camera's WiFi signal is at maximum.

I still have no answer from NETATMO support regarding the problems. :x

Tim

tifoso

Post by tifoso » 13 Jan 2017, 16:27

I think quality of original sd card delivered by netatmo is bad. Now I use a fast Sandisk sd card and camera delivers video alsways in 1080p mode

Topas

Post by Topas » 13 Jan 2017, 19:32

I did not get a response from Netatmo either. The problem is still there. Where is the Netatmo support in the forum? Just a short comment that this is a known problem and they will fix it.

jueti

Post by jueti » 13 Jan 2017, 23:54

Send two questions to Netatmo customer service directly.
Except automated email response saying something like "sorry we are too busy" no answer yet for weeks.

Very disappointing !

Not acceptable !

Owenlars

Post by Owenlars » 16 Jan 2017, 15:56

Mine did exactly the same on Thursday night last, however I gave downloaded the 24 hours video so the thing is still connected. Unfortunately I am in England and the camera is in France, so I am hoping my support request to Netatmo may result in a remote reboot.

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 17 Jan 2017, 16:07

Hello all,
We are working to fix the issues you reported.
We always read the Forum, even if we don't reply.
As you know, the Forum is for sharing your experience with Netatmo products.
Whenever your camera has an issue, please contact the Customer Service and provide the serial number of your product so we can help you find a solution soon.
Thanks,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Una Real

Post by Una Real » 17 Jan 2017, 16:54

jofre wrote:Whenever your camera has an issue, please contact the Customer Service and provide the serial number of your product so we can help you find a solution soon.
Thanks,
Where is the serial number to be found? All possible locations, please. Thanks.

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 17 Jan 2017, 17:20

Hi,

You can find the serial number in three different locations. The format is gXXXXXX, where X are alphanumeric characters:
1. On the QR code card, below the QR code.
2. At the back of the packaging, on the same label as the bar codes.
3. At the back of the camera, when the bottom cover is open.

Also, if you have already installed your camera, you can send us it's MAC address, which can be found in the settings menu => [home name] => [camera name]

Thanks,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Una Real

Post by Una Real » 17 Jan 2017, 17:27

Thanks, jofre. It's the MAC address part that had me puzzled because I thought I'd used that in the past to submit a ticket for my weather station. It's by far the easiest to find since it's listed right there in the software. Might be a good idea to mention (in the future) that either the serial number or the MAC address can be used. Would have saved me a lot of time in digging out my Presence box to look for a serial number.

Return to “General questions”