No more video display in app (ios) and web client

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Topas

Re: No more video display in app (ios) and web client

Post by Topas »

The netatmo support asks if the problem persists after cutting the power for about 30 seconds ;) Yes it does. Maybe they should read in their own forums. Too bad - it is a great product with some software problems. Why don´t they release a new firmware. The FTP Upload to my server is ok - so the internal file format on the SD might be corrupt ...
Owenlars

Post by Owenlars »

Jofre says that Netatmo are looking for a fix and I have had correspondence with Florian on the subject so I guess we wait and see. Thanks, Netatmo, for responding, any idea on a fix timescale, my camera has been out for nearly a week now?
Netti

Post by Netti »

Camera app shows a black screen and no live feed since last week Friday . Support suggestions a Speedtest - 200down/200up all other connected things are working without any problems.

No solution yet and nothing heard from support again.

A software, firmware or a hardware problem ?

Or do the customers expect too much ?

Who knows ?
Owenlars

Post by Owenlars »

Netti
Exactly the same timing as me, seems a remarkable coincidence and Florian said to me that the logs all looked ok. There is something odd going on but I have not heard from Netatmo since Tuesday. Let's hope Florian and Jofre can get a fix going.
Owenlars

Post by Owenlars »

Partly to keep thus issue near the top but no further news in this from Netatmo, Jofre, is there any progress?
Netti

Post by Netti »

Again a couple of days later. Still no answer from the support ! Maybe you should spent more time in support for your sold products. Going to return my camera or light or whatever it should be, when I'm back home.

Maybe an implementation of a remotely reboot would be a solution for all the customers with the black screen problem.

Thanks Netatmo for the badest support I've ever seen. This will be honored with a true Amazon review.
Slim

Post by Slim »

My patience is wearing thin with this product! I'm also going too post my review soon, but within LinkedIn. Since I work as a security technician/engineer I want too warn my colleagues and network about the false expectations of this "security" camera.

The quality of the live video is a freaking joke!!
Netatmo Weather Station, rain and wind gauge.
Netatmo Presence Outdoor Camera.
Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell.
Owenlars

Post by Owenlars »

Still no response on thus from Netatmo, however let's keep it up the top of the list.
Owenlars

Post by Owenlars »

Hallelujha

All fixed by a very helpful Netatmo person and clearly an easy fix. They still need to sort Customer Services though.

We have had a look at your camera. Apparently a small bug made it buffer too much information and was unable to send it.
We have emptied the buffer so that the camera works again. Please, can you confirm it does?
As for the bug, our engineers are investigating what caused it and it will be fixed soon.
jueti

Post by jueti »

Interesting read:

"We have had a look at your camera. Apparently a small bug made it buffer too much information and was unable to send it.
We have emptied the buffer so that the camera works again. Please, can you confirm it does?
As for the bug, our engineers are investigating what caused it and it will be fixed soon."

My questions now:
who was this helpful Netatmo person and how did you contact him ?
how can they empty the buffer in the camera ?
does it mean they have also access to the contents the camera is seeing / recording ?
like either live view or access to the files stored on the SD card ?

Return to “General questions”