SD Card malfunction after rain

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Carrilloserg

SD Card malfunction after rain

Post by Carrilloserg » 04 Mar 2017, 18:13

Isn't this product suppose to be weather proof? Just 20 minutes of rain and the camera
Stop working "defective SD Card" was the message. Just 10 days with the camera and I have my first issue. I fell rip off, Netatmo is offering a weatherproof product that is not working as that, it's a lie. I pull out the sd Card, dry it and the camera start working again. But I will have to dry it every time it rains ? In my city rains a lot. Netatmo should find a fix for this issue. I'm not the first complaining about this problem.

gpowerz

Re: SD Card malfunction after rain

Post by gpowerz » 04 Mar 2017, 21:24

juste get the same problem... :(

after one month...

Owenlars

Post by Owenlars » 05 Mar 2017, 13:48

I do agree with your sentiment however a quick fix is to put a small piece of electrical tape over the sd card slot, it will keep the water out.

Tim

Post by Tim » 08 Mar 2017, 19:50

Now I am pi**ed!
After three days of rain my Presence reported a broken SD card this evening. I wanted to remove the SD card and replace it by a dry one. (and apply some tape of course).
The SD card from the camera was totally wet!
Just as I replaced it by the dry one, the SD card slid completely into the SD card port without any resistance and I cannot get it out anymore.
As a professional electrical engineer I am asking myself, which cheap SD card holder is NETATMO using there?!?
I will try to find the pictures from another thread later, but I think I will just take it off the wall tomorrow morning, disassemble it and will have a closer look at it.

What annoys me the most is that the water inside the SD card slot (although there is grease) as well as disappearing SD cards because of cheap SD card slots are KNOWN problems.

vojta66

Post by vojta66 » 08 Mar 2017, 21:15

Hey Tím, how I agree with You!!!!

When I was Changing existing SD card by 32 GB fast one, I almost slid new one into Card slot because of no resistance!!
What a bad solution and cheap spare parts used by NETATMO. Changing SD card was a horror!
1Welcome(v452), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v206)
1 Weather Station(v177), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v50)
1Thermostat(v72+relay 2nd generation (v210) + 5Valves (v81)
2Presence cameras(v184)

Peppes Pizza

Post by Peppes Pizza » 01 Apr 2017, 13:45

It is useless to try anything! That netatmo DARES to call this a "outside" camera is a bloody shame! It is leak on ALL sided. Take the sd card out and water starts pooring out. After that you can trow away the SD card. Netatmo advises to buy a new card and a special super lube. I did both. Im up to my fifth SD card. After 10 minutes rain you can trow away the card again! And this (cheap) rubbish cost 300 euro's!

Besides this problem there is ofcourse the biggest problem, beeing WITHOUT a security cam after a power cut or wifi cut!
I was on a buisnis trip for 2 weeks. After 2 days we had a power cut for 3 minutes. After the power came back on ALL your camera's are still OFF and wont come back ON again untill youre back home and reboot all camera's by hand. GREAT security!

michu44

Post by michu44 » 04 Apr 2017, 08:40

Someone has tested a waterproof microsd card (eg. SanDisk Ultra Plus)?

bdc12

Post by bdc12 » 16 Apr 2017, 14:21

Has anyone figured out a solution that works? I am on my third SD card due to rain failures and this is starting to get expensive. The latest only lasted two weeks and failed after a light rain last night. When I remove the card it has visible moisture on it. The cards appear to get destroyed, as they cannot be read from a computer after failing in the camera.

Is there a mod or mods that will correct this? I like the camera but cant keep replacing cards every time it rains.

McCormick

Post by McCormick » 18 Apr 2017, 08:42

Hello,

my new presence stopped last night also with the same Problem: defect sd-card
Will it help to put the card outside and put the same Card again in the slot?

McCormick

Post by McCormick » 18 Apr 2017, 08:42

And how could i open the presence to reach the sd card?

Return to “General questions”