Next Firmware update?

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Subzero

Re: Next Firmware update?

Post by Subzero »

I've not had the camera long, but I'm very happy with it, a lot of the connection issues people are having must be down to their router, as my connection has been solid. Only complaint is the next firmware needs to include a video bit rate quality adjuster, as the sample rate needs to be higher!
Mcp468

Post by Mcp468 »

One of my cameras got updated to V 101 while two other are still at v 96. Unfortunately, there is no change-log for v 101 yet ...
Sdke

Post by Sdke »

My firmware of my presence is on 101. New update?
Astra77

Post by Astra77 »

Subzero wrote:I've not had the camera long, but I'm very happy with it, a lot of the connection issues people are having must be down to their router, as my connection has been solid.
I don't agree on this one. I've had my router exchanged (twice!) and still have a lot of connection issues. Sometimes it works, most of the time the Live image in the app is black. All of my other internet connected devices (Netatmo weather station, thermostat, NAS) aren't experiencing these kind of problems at all. Those connections are very stable.

I hope that this coming firmware update solves these issues... Can't wait for the release notes!
Mcp468

Post by Mcp468 »

Yes, please give us a change log for v101!
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello all,
The change log for v101 has just been published.
All cameras should be up to date by the end of the week.
Regards,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
DAJ

Post by DAJ »

Well done Netatmo Team!!! The image quality is much crisper and cleaner than the previous firmware, with vastly reduced pixelation, you can actually zoom in now and recognise things.

There is no change to the bit-rate or file size, so can only assume a new codec is being used which produces higher quality images using the same bit-rate.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

Astra77 wrote: I don't agree on this one. I've had my router exchanged (twice!) and still have a lot of connection issues. Sometimes it works, most of the time the Live image in the app is black. All of my other internet connected devices (Netatmo weather station, thermostat, NAS) aren't experiencing these kind of problems at all. Those connections are very stable.

I hope that this coming firmware update solves these issues... Can't wait for the release notes!
Are the replacements routers from your ISP, if so they'll be basic/ poor quality, I suggest running your router in modem only mode, and buying a higher quality router to run the WiFi, also scan the local channels to make sure you're on the optimum channel, less likely to drop out or fight for signal that way.
Astra77

Post by Astra77 »

Subzero wrote:...

Are the replacements routers from your ISP, if so they'll be basic/ poor quality, I suggest running your router in modem only mode, and buying a higher quality router to run the WiFi, also scan the local channels to make sure you're on the optimum channel, less likely to drop out or fight for signal that way.
Thanks for the suggestions, but the router isn't the problem. I've had a TP-Link router, Cisco router and a Synology. All three had the same problem. Wifi isn't the issue also; signal is very strong and I'm using Ruckus Wireless equipment, not some poor quality wifi device.

Yesterday evening my camera installed the new firmware and for now it is still up and running. Let's see if it keeps working...

Return to “General questions”