"Camera dis/connect" alerts not obeying quiet times

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jefish

"Camera dis/connect" alerts not obeying quiet times

Post by jefish »

I have the app set to suppress alerts between xPM and yAM, but the "Camera Disconnected" and "Camera Connected" notifications blow right on through, often waking me up. Please fix this bug.
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: "Camera dis/connect" alerts not obeying quiet times

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi,
The notifications related to connection status cannot be disabled.
However your camera should not disconnect from your network like this.
I suggest that you contact our customer support (https://www.netatmo.com/helpcenter/) in order to let us investigate and help you find the solution.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
Sjd666

Post by Sjd666 »

Hi there
My presence disconnects and reconnects all through the night and it's really annoying. Is there any way I can stop it from disconnecting ?
jefish

Post by jefish »

The same is true if the camera encounters an FTP upload error, which could be due to the FTP server rebooting or running a disk scan. Regardless, if I tell the app that certain hours are quiet times, my selections should be respected. To me, this is a bug.
jefish

Post by jefish »

This really needs to be fixed. Disabling notifications during certain hours should mean exactly that. If I've opted to not be alerted to a prowler at 3am, why would I want to be woken due to a brief FTP, router, or Comcast hiccup.

Please fix this bug.
ldplusse

Post by ldplusse »

You should not get disconected/connected/ftp timeout. So start by fixing those issues.

Maybe you could also configure your phone to not displaying those alerts at night.
If your use iphone, there is a function to put the phone in 'do not disturb' mode, which can be scheduled. Then you will not get any messages doing the night.
VIA

Post by VIA »

Hello, my Presence disconnects and reconnects all through the day and night and it's really annoying. Is there any way I can stop it from disconnecting?! :cry:

70:ee:50:26:f7:54
Firmware 101
Relay: 70:ee:50:0c:07:70
Thermostat: 04:00:00:0c:2c:04
Valve: 09:00:00:00:c7:dc
Valve: 09:00:00:00:c8:76
Valve: 09:00:00:00:fe:40
Valve: 09:00:00:00:fe:43
Presence: 70:ee:50:26:f7:54
ebakke

Post by ebakke »

Did you check your internet connection? Not sure is that is the problem for you, but for me an easy way of seeing internet connection issues :-)

I have from time to time a flaky internet connection when the weather is bad (rain or wind).
Every time the connection is down, it will throw a disconnected and a connected when the connection is up again.

So looks like the camera is connected to Netatmo servers all the time.
Sdke

Post by Sdke »

VIA wrote:Hello, my Presence disconnects and reconnects all through the day and night and it's really annoying. Is there any way I can stop it from disconnecting?! :cry:

70:ee:50:26:f7:54
Firmware 101
I'm having the same problem.. It only happens every now and then. (maybe twice every month). I mailed support, no reaction.. Restarting my wifi, Restarting my device, doesn't fix it. Suddenly it works again and all the actions in that happen sync.

I've noticed that sometimes it disconnects/connectd when there is a movement. But it doesnt happen all the time.
Xerach

Post by Xerach »

I have the same problem here, for months.

I have done many tests and I have identified the issue with my Presence, when the camera identifies a person and records continuously over 10min, it is as if the camera could not store the video fast enough, it blocks up and reboot. It is seen in the timeline that creates several events without finishing store the previous one.

From assistance they have answered me, but they have not solved anything. First they uptade the firmware of my Presence to 104, but not fix it. At the beginning of the month only told me that they are investigating my case... and nothing more.

When I have some free time, I will replace the microSD with a faster one to see if that is the problem. But I do not know if that will solve anything.

Return to “General questions”