Android App - new notification sound

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Tattaz

Android App - new notification sound

Post by Tattaz »

Since the last Update of the Security App on my Android 4.2 Phone the notification sound changed from my standard phone notification sound to something realy annoing. Where can i change this sound? I dont find anything in the app.

You also need a changelog for the app!

And it would be nice if you coud fix the detection of cars...

thanks in advance
Tattaz
Sdke

Re: Android App - new notification sound

Post by Sdke »

Oh god yes. I hate it so much.. Please give us the option to choose the sound or still get the notification but without sound.

Edit: you can disable it through android (7.1 i have).
Settings > Apps > Security app(the netatmo app) > Notifications. Change it to Level 3
You still get the notification, without the sound.
openMind

Post by openMind »

+1

Just read the recent reviews of your app from the Play Store ... Please give us the option to choose the sound by our self (as every good Android app should do).
Tiuri

Post by Tiuri »

Yes, we should be able to choose our own sound (maybe even a sound per category) but more importantly, we should be able to switch the sound off!!!!!!
meboot

Post by meboot »

+1 hate it, esp. in business settings

+1 allow us to change it
Tiuri

Post by Tiuri »

What The Hell Netatmo!! We exchange emails about it being totally ridiculous that the notification sound cannot be switched off in the app. Netatmo asks for my preferences (yes, the app should respect Android system-level do-not-disturb or silent mode) then after a week or so, you release a new version with, oh joy, STILL NO WAY TO DISABLE THE NOTIFICATION SOUND!!!!

Instead we get pet detection for the Welcome camera and the claim
Find out more about this in the 'Alert & Recording settings'.
Except there is nothing about pets in the settings for the Welcome camera.

Is there any form of quality control when it comes to your apps??? Have you heard of the concept of beta testing????

In the mean time I have had to completely disable all notifications on my phone because it runs a version of Android that does not allow disabling notification sounds (for which I should NOT have to rely on the OS in the first place).
After the complete and utter failure of your hardware, the non-functional Tags, you've now ruined the software as well. Why have I paid a considerable amount of money for two cameras only to have to disable all notifications (completely undoing the purpose of my purchase)??? I am so unbelievably frustrated and angry :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello Tiuri,
As for the notifications for Android, you can either put your phone in silence mode or disable them from the Android app manager.
However, the Security app will send you relevant notifications about what's going on at home and we recommend you to enable them. You can adjust them to your needs in the 'Alerts & Recording settings'.
As for the new pet detection options, they will automatically appear once the app and the firmware of the cameras have updated, which should be before the end of the week. Thank you for your patience.
Feel free to contact our Support Team for any other issue they can help you with.
Regards,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
Tiuri

Post by Tiuri »

jofre wrote:Hello Tiuri,
As for the notifications for Android, you can either put your phone in silence mode or disable them from the Android app manager.
I just sent an angry email so I'm going to repeat myself for the benefit of other forum users.

I'm sorry but your suggestion is ridiculous. The world does not revolve around your app. I should not have to put my phone in silent mode just to get rid of the notification sounds of ONE (your) app!! I may very well want a notification sound for email while still not wanting to hear the notification sounds from your app. Who in their right mind would disable all notification sounds just because one app lacks the option to disable notification sounds!!!

As I explained in my previous emails, Netatmo always assumes: one person - one phone. That is simply not true.
I have two phones and two tablets and I intend to replace one of those phones later this year.
I currently own and use:
A Nexus 6p running the Developer's Preview of Android 8.0.0
A One Plus One, running Cyanogen Android 6.0.1.
A Nexus 9, running Android 7.1.1
A Nexus 7, running Android 6.0.1

I believe this version of Android 8 would allow me to disable sound for an individual app, but none of the other versions include this feature. Regardless. If an app provide a notification sound, then the app should include the option to switch it off.

Your suggestion that I use the Android App manager still shows a basic lack of understanding of my problem. I do NOT want to disable notifications. I just want to disable the SOUND for each notification. As stated above, that is only possible on Android 8 (which has not even been released officially).

Surely it is not asking too much that an app provides a built-in option to disable the notification sound???
tinkerbell

Post by tinkerbell »

Tiuri wrote:
Surely it is not asking too much that an app provides a built-in option to disable the notification sound???

+10 000 Tiuri

WE WANT TO TURN OFF THIS AWFULL NOTIFICATION SOUND
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

YES, please !
Tiuri you name it!
1Welcome(v456), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v206)
1 Weather Station(v178), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v50)
1Thermostat(v73+relay 2nd generation v216 + 5Valves (v83)
2Presence cameras(v200)

Return to “General questions”