Presence disconnected and unable to reconnect

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
sferro

Presence disconnected and unable to reconnect

Post by sferro » 05 Aug 2017, 15:13

Hi - similarly to other cases, also my two Presence(firmware v. 101) often have huge delays in recording and sending the events; however now I've an even more serious problem: I tried to reinstall one of the cameras but the setup doesn't work: once restarted the floodlight keeps flashing and the app is unable to pair it.

The result is that in this moment the camera is disconnected and cannot be unused: how can I recover it??

Thanks, Stefano

Robertlaporte

Re: Presence disconnected and unable to reconnect

Post by Robertlaporte » 06 Aug 2017, 15:53

I got the same problem - impossible to reconnect my camera to my internet - I think we have to wait for a new software update - tired about Netatmo service

Kirflow

Post by Kirflow » 06 Aug 2017, 16:48

Saaame!!!

Robfrohnsdorff

Post by Robfrohnsdorff » 06 Aug 2017, 17:07

I updated the iOS App, power cycled the camera and I'm back up and running. However the issue of no notifications is still ongoing

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 06 Aug 2017, 19:07

Hello all,
For several hours there's been a service interruption that affected notifications, events on the timeline and the installation process.
Our engineers have reestablished service by 4pm today. You can now install your cameras.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

swissmike

Post by swissmike » 08 Aug 2017, 16:26

I can't install the presence from scratch. I reseted the camera and tried by scanning the QR-Code, but nothings happens after.

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 08 Aug 2017, 16:30

Hello swissmike,
The service was reestablished on Sunday. If you keep having trouble trying to install your camera, you should contact our Support Team so that we can help you find a solution.
Thank you.
Jofre - Netatmo Team

sferro

Post by sferro » 09 Aug 2017, 20:34

Thanks for your feedback. In effect the problem is still there. I tried various times but the connection fails while it tries to complete the wifi connection (for sake of accuracy: the wifi has good signal where the floodlight is installed and I used it for months without problems)

Thanks, Stefano

brando

Post by brando » 09 Aug 2017, 22:51

someone please shed some light on my netatmo presence problem, it does absolutely bugger all,cannot connect with my phone anymore will not reboot after switch off,all I get is white light on for 2 seconds then nothing else ,wifi will not connect .Tried contacting Netatmo no response .Disgusted with there service

swissmike

Post by swissmike » 10 Aug 2017, 19:11

If i install a the camera from scratch (after reset all settings and power off and on), how can i check there is a connection between the presence and the IOS or Android device?

The Android app needs to enable the Bluetooth function, the IOS Device does not require this setting from the app. Does the presence need Bluetooth really or is Wlan enough? How both devices communicate before i choose my own WPA-Wifi Network?

My problem is still that i can start the app and on the detection screen no connection seems to be etablished and i have to scan the QR-Code from the card. After flashing and scan the card, nothing happens, just the turning symbol on the app.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Mike

Return to “General questions”