[Important announcement] Service interruption

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
jofre_netatmo

[Important announcement] Service interruption

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello all,
For several hours there's been a service interruption that affected notifications, events on the timeline and the installation process.
Our engineers have reestablished service by 4pm today. You can now install and use your cameras normally.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
KaiUwe

Re: [Important announcement] Service interruption

Post by KaiUwe »

Still not working for me.
Chmue

Post by Chmue »

Still Not working here! No Timeline,no Notification so far!
Kirflow

Post by Kirflow »

Still have problems with connect
Mr.Oliv

Post by Mr.Oliv »

Still have trouble too.
Error message on a newly installed Présence: Vidéo indisponible. La caméra est déconnecté
But this message is not always displayed.
Notifications are also off for this one.

Both my previous and newly installed Presence have firmware 101.

What is going on, please?
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

It is NOT FIXED!!! 22:00 hrs and still NO NOTIFICATIONS AND NO EVENTS ON TIMELINE !! More than 24 hours!! Last record on my timeline is from yesterday 12:32 hrs !!

This is a bad joke, especially during holiday season!!!
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
martinGunnarsson

Post by martinGunnarsson »

Hi Netatmo!
I can as well, unfortunately, report that im sitting without a working security camera for about 3 days now.
2 days ago I emailed you with concerns about events getting missing out, and the camera disconnecting every 10 minutes.
I was met with a generic response including 10 wifi related settings to check in my router (IPsec, port forwarding, changing DNS server etc), even if I stated it had been working before without problems.
I now reset the camera and rebooted it from the main power grid. The problem still persists.
Missing detections and no timeline.

If you are dedicated to security, as I hope you are:
- Why does it take more than 3 days to inform us there is an issue?
- Why the camera renders unusable if not connected to your service. This sounds like a huge security flaw. The main reason I bought the camera was to work on its own and not rely on secondary servers.
- A status page (like Apples, Dropbox, etc) to see the current status of the service so I don't need to click here every 5 min to check if it's my camera that is the problem or not.
chilou

Post by chilou »

Tweet #shame #netatmo
bryceb

Post by bryceb »

I posted in the Welcome forum but agree with the comments above. Terrible from Netatmo. Really wish they were bought by a competent software company so support/ development could be improved. Wholly inadequate. Hopefully the owners and directors of Netatmo see these forums and realise their product is fatally flawed by the poor software and support.
Easydoesit

Post by Easydoesit »

Is there any chance of an update as to when this issue will be resolved please? My camera worked (with a few issues) up until 4:00 pm Sunday, but since is only now functioning on 'live' with no detection. Thinking this was an internal issue with my camera / software, I have just spent half a day trying to resolve it only to do an online search and find this forum page and discover it is a widespread problem.

Return to “General questions”