Since 27.08.17 no events

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Florian.

Since 27.08.17 no events

Post by Florian. »

Hallo,
I have a problem with the presence cam. Since 27.08.17 I got no events, no persons, no cars, no animals, no cam connected or disconnected. Live video works fine and there is no dust or something on the lens. I changed the alert zone, I restarted the cam, installed the app new but still no change. I have a welcome cam in the same network and it still works fine. Cam is on 101.

Any ideas or solutions?

Cheers and thanks
Florian
Chmue

Re: Since 27.08.17 no events

Post by Chmue »

Hi,
I have the same problem since 27.08.17. Today several videos appeared in the timeline... but notifications don't work at all :roll:
mlambooij

Post by mlambooij »

On 28 August I noticed that my new presence stopped alerting me. It operated well since installation a week ago. I did not change any settings. After approx 10:40 on that day no new events showed up in the dashboard, no alerts on my mobile phone and no uploads to dropbox. There is still a good connection to the camera. I can access it, can watch live view and change settings. I switched off and on the alertmode, restarted he camera by switching it off and on and I reset the alertzone. This did not solve it. In its current mode it is no longer smart, but just a camera. The light at night works fine. I am also on 101. I contacted support, but got no response at all so far. Disappointing. A software glitch (if so, why does Netatmo not respond?) or should I contact the seller and start a warranty claim?
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello,
We have noticed that some cameras have had trouble to connect to our servers and have been buffering events as they couldn't notify the servers.
We have made a fix to speed up the unbuffering of all these events, so your cameras will be reporting them during the day and once the buffer is empty they will work as normal.
Thank you for your patience,
Jofre - Netatmo Team
mlambooij

Post by mlambooij »

My firmware was updated this morning to 104. After some time after the update (more than an hour) older alerts started appearing in the timeline and in Dropbox. Apparently, the camera caught the events but did not send them out and stored them instead. After the update it took some time to process the events of the previous days. Initially, I saw just ooder events appearing, Now everything is working again as it should (with almost immediate alerts).

So I can confirm Jofre's response did the trick for my camera. Netamo support: thanks!

Others: depending on the number of events recorded but not displayed it may take quite some time before you start seeing the old ones and onky thereafter you will see the more recent ones, until the buffer has been emptied and onlythen you start seeing the very recent ones. So you need to give it some time before you see the effect.
Last edited by mlambooij on 30 Aug 2017, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
saba

Post by saba »

No events here as well since 27.08. Fix does not seem to help :-(
mlambooij

Post by mlambooij »

Saba, see my previous updated response. I also initially thought it did not work, but now after two hours, everything is there, also from the past days and Imget immediate alerts again.
saba

Post by saba »

Nope, not a single one. Neither old nor one that has happened a few minutes ago.
saba

Post by saba »

Am I the only one still not getting any events? My presence did an upgrade to 104 yesterday, but still not a single event since 27.08. Anyone with an idea how to fix this?
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hi saba,
Your camera should be working fine now. If it's not, then maybe there's another problem. Please contact our Support Team so they can help you find out why it's not working well and find a solution.
Thanks,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Return to “General questions”