DESPERATE! I HAVE NO QR AND NO BOX! I’VE TROWN IT AWAY.

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
canonmasta

DESPERATE! I HAVE NO QR AND NO BOX! I’VE TROWN IT AWAY.

Post by canonmasta » 09 Dec 2017, 23:14

I’ve reconfigured my wifi settings and one of my Presence cameras stop to connect. After a thousand attempts i decided to start from scratch and erase the camera to start again. The nightmare starts here... The camera at first started to blink but suddenly asked me to show the qr... ups! I’ve trown away the boxes with the info months ago. All the Netatmo stuff worked so well i decided to make space on the closet.
I’m desperate. I’ve asked the technical service for help twice but i have no answer.

Please, help me!
How can I reconfigure the camera again?
Thank you for the help in advance.

Owenlars

Re: DESPERATE! I HAVE NO QR AND NO BOX! I’VE TROWN IT AWAY.

Post by Owenlars » 09 Dec 2017, 23:59

Open the app
Touch the settings wheel top left
Open ‘Manage my Home’
Open the relevant Room in ‘My Rooms’
Open the relevant Presence in ‘My Products’
Open ‘Installation QR Code’ at the bottom of the menu

Et voila your QR code will appear.

canonmasta

Post by canonmasta » 10 Dec 2017, 00:32

Thank you for your answer but this works if you already have the cam installed and configured. It doesn’t work if you are doing a fresh start. It simply doesn’t appear.
(Still desperate)
Thanks anyway.

Owenlars wrote:Open the app
Touch the settings wheel top left
Open ‘Manage my Home’
Open the relevant Room in ‘My Rooms’
Open the relevant Presence in ‘My Products’
Open ‘Installation QR Code’ at the bottom of the menu

Et voila your QR code will appear.

DAJ

Post by DAJ » 11 Dec 2017, 13:16

I couldn't find any information in their support pages for this - in fact you can't even search their support pages (why does Netatmo make things so difficult for customers, wouldn't be so bad if their support team responded within 24 hours)

It could be useful for Netatmo to send an email when registering a device on their system, thanking you for registering device (Mac ID) and attaching the QR Code for safekeeping, then you have the information to hand.

Did you send them your serial number (believe this is somewhere inside (small print) after removing the bottom flap), they will need this.

gearmuncher

Post by gearmuncher » 11 Dec 2017, 16:37

I have a similar problem, but I do have the QR code but it dose not have any effect, in my case the light comes on and off after power up, but dose not flash, been a week now still no response from support. Steve

jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo » 11 Dec 2017, 16:52

Hello all,
If you lost your QR code, you can ask the Support Team for a new one. They will ask you for a prove that you own the camera -a picture of the serial number on the camera will work.
As for gearmuncher's problem, please make sure you scan the code in good light conditions (the camera may have trouble scanning codes when it's too dark). Place the code in front of the camera, 30 cm/1 ft. away from it. You can move it slowly towards the camera and to the sides as detection might be better at certain spots of the image depending of the light reflection on the card.
Thank you,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

gearmuncher

Post by gearmuncher » 14 Dec 2017, 21:14

my problem is the camera will not pair with my phone over bluetooth, apparently it needs to do this during installation. support are useless been over two weeks now, evey couple of days I get a message from support.

Return to “General questions”