Infrared light reflexion of the window

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
georg.michael

Infrared light reflexion of the window

Post by georg.michael »

Hello,

I did install my presence in front of my living room window. The device orientates to the garden. If it is dark outside I can only see whats going on inside the house because of the massive windows reflections. Is there a possibility to optimize some settings or to turn the infrared lights off?
DAJ

Re: Infrared light reflexion of the window

Post by DAJ »

No option to switch off the Infra Red Lights, the only way they do not come on is if there is enough light already in the picture, then the camera remains in day mode, and the floodlight will not switch on either.
georg.michael

Post by georg.michael »

...finally I did get it solved:

1. Turn on floodlight
2. Change floodlight intesity settings to lowest value

Cheers
Michael
Duude

Post by Duude »

Hey,
that interests me too. That means that you have the floodlight all the time on, but at the lowest level. What happens when a motion is detected? I assume that the floodlight does not react in the form of very bright light?
georg.michael

Post by georg.michael »

Hey, you have the possibility to define the events when the floodlight ist switched on. But i assume the intensity for this events ais linked to the general setting. So the light might be still off even if an event occozrs. This is somerhing i did not check. For my use case I do not need any additional light...
Duude

Post by Duude »

Okay, I also assume that the light, when switched on, does not deliver any other result in the other applications.

Although this would actually not be difficult to implement, because if one assumes that the light is always switched on at the lowest level and a movement is detected, the light switches to 100% level, after the movement, the light just switches back to the lowest defined level.
jofre_netatmo

Post by jofre_netatmo »

Hello all,
When the floodlight is on, the intensity is always the same: the one you defined in the settings.
If you set it to the lowest value, it will stay like that when anything is detected and IR lights won't turn on.
Hope this helps,
Jofre - Netatmo Team

Return to “General questions”