While recording, no live view possible

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
Duude

While recording, no live view possible

Post by Duude »

Hello there,

i have bought the presence last week and installed it on last sunday. Now, when a motion is detected, the recording starts and i get a push message about it. This procedure is running correctly. But if I then open the app and want to watch the live video, the view begin to load, but does not start. Only when the recording is finished, I can access the live video again.

In this case, while motion is detected and recording is in progress, I can not do anything but wait for the recording to finish. I can not even look at it during the recording. Is that normal? Is it the same by the others?

My Camera details are:
MAC-Adress: 70:ee:50:2a:b2:40
Firmware Version: 101

Best regards,
Duude
revoslob

Re: While recording, no live view possible

Post by revoslob »

Think it's normal...
Mine does that too..

Phil
DAJ

Post by DAJ »

Are you running IOS, not sure if it's different on Android.
In IOS, if an event is recording and you click on the event, the screen will display Video Recording with a link that says Watch the Live Stream, clicking that link will allow you to view the Live Stream. Alternatively just click on Live in the Timeline and play as normal, so yes, you can view Live Stream whilst an event is recording.

There is no facility to view an event that is still recording until the recording has finished, which could be anything from 30 seconds to a 3/4 minutes. A bug in IOS means the recording never shows as completed in the timeline (has been reported early November, but not yet any recognition or response from Netatmo), the event alway states that the event is still recording even though it has actually finished. You have to close the application and restart or click on the three dots (top right) to show you list of cameras and then the Timeline refreshes and the recording can be played.
Duude

Post by Duude »

Thanks so far DAJ. Yes, i am using iOS / have an iPhone. Maybe it was just a user error; I will test it for the rest of the day.
Furthermore, I will try to close / refresh the App, when the next motion will be detected and a push notification is given to me.
DAJ

Post by DAJ »

Make sure you are running the latest application, this feature became available in 2.1 of the application.

Return to “General questions”