Homekit

Tips, tricks and frequently asked questions
ChmGolf

Homekit

Post by ChmGolf »

Hello all,

I'm thinking of buying a netatmo home coach, mainly to use it over Apple homekit.

The home coach has sensors for temperature, humidity, CO2 and noise. Which of them will be shown in Apples Home App? My experience is, that sometimes not all sensors are shown, hopefully this is not the case here. Perhaps someone can post a screenshot of the home app, that would be great!

Thanks to all,
chemgolf
Heero

Re: Homekit

Post by Heero »

Hello ChmGolf,

In the Apple Home App, for HomeCoach, you will see the temperature, the humidity, the Co2 level and the Air quality level. Unfortunately you will not see the noise level as it is not supported natively by HomeKit (the noise level is present in HomeKit, but using what is called a custom characteristic). Other HomeKit app can present this noise level.

Regards,
Heero
Netatmo team
ChmGolf

Post by ChmGolf »

Thanks very much!
antm

Post by antm »

I'm an owner of Healthy Home Coach and can confirm that at AppleHomeKit you can see sensors values, but in some reason that values can't be used to any automation chains. So as for me that is something not so cool as that can be, just can be used on information purpose.
Mir88d

Post by Mir88d »

I tried to assign built in humidity sensor as value trigger for automation in HomeKit via Elgato Eve app, but it’s not triggering. I can see and set it as trigger via Elgato app, but when humidity reach the value nothing happens... I have no troubles with such automations and Elgato Eve Degree Humidity Sensor. Also, there is no problem with use built in home coach temperature sensor as a trigger!

Dear developers!
Maybe you guys can fix it? Or maybe I doing something wrong?

It’s very important for me, because I use this automations with my HomeKit outlets and humidifiers connected to them.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”