SERIOUS ISSUE with /api/getstationsdata

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
tivo

Re: SERIOUS ISSUE with /api/getstationsdata

Post by tivo »

Netatmo API server seems to be down again :-(
Unbelievable! The whole system seems to be an expensive toy and not usable for home automation.
@Netatmo: if you are not able to maintain a server system 24/7, then give us the possibility to access the devices directly!
fleproust

Post by fleproust »

No problem for me.
I Control whith my server all 15 minutes and no problem for the moment.
I am In france
tivo

Post by tivo »

fleproust wrote:No problem for me.
I Control whith my server all 15 minutes and no problem for the moment.
I am In france
I also check my data every 15 minutes. This afternoon, failure rate of more than 90%. in the last few days, failures were recorded time and time again.
fleproust

Post by fleproust »

it happened to me too. so I now put an alert in case of failure of 30 minutes and not 15 minutes
jo_strasser

Post by jo_strasser »

Hello Community,

Same here. I get the most of the time an error 404, sometimes 500 since more than 24 hours!

What’s wrong with the servers?
Home automation cannot work with such an unstable server platform.

Please fix that ASAP, Netatmo!
av77

Post by av77 »

same here. I get a 404 error code. Please make this api more reliable..
_Jens_

Post by _Jens_ »

Hi,

i really can’t see it anymore :-/

"Not Found (/Netatmo-API-PHP/src/Netatmo/Clients/NAApiClient.php:314)“ … it seem’s to me, every day it got worse and worse :-/

The Last few day’s, the Netatmo station is - sorry - absolutely unusable. I really hope, it will got better next year with the new owner :-(
ali1234

Post by ali1234 »

I am seeing a large number of 404 errors on every API endpoint. Unfortunately I am a Vaillant vSmart user, which is a rebranded Netatmo service. However the vSmart app is so badly coded that 404 errors from the API cause it to log you out of the service, delete your auth token, and go into an endless loop of "Syncing...". You then have to force stop the app and re-enter your login details. Because the 404 errors happen about 1 time in every 10 API requests, and the app makes 5 requests every time it syncs, you have about a 50% chance of being able to log in. This has rendered the app completely useless for the past 48 hours. To add insult to injury there is no developer SDK for the Vaillant system so I can't even make an app that tolerates the API failures.

This is most certainly a Netatmo server problem as it can be observed without even logging in. Just open any API endpoint (eg /api/getthermostatsdata) on app.vg-thermostat.com or api.netatmo.com in a regular web browser. You will get an error message because you have no authentication token. Except 10% of the time you get a 404 error instead. That 404 error happens even when you are authenticated.

Update: 18th December 9AM UTC - the 404 errors seem to have stopped for now.
fleproust

Post by fleproust »

Down for me since 7:39 am in France
fleproust

Post by fleproust »

Hello,

Are you down again since 07:15 in France ?

Return to “Netatmo API”