Doorbell API - Issues

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
syepes

Doorbell API - Issues

Post by syepes »

This weekend I received and started to integrate the Doorbell into my own home automation environment, and was hoping that the API would be very similar to the Outdoor Camera (Presence = NOC), but after some initial test and reversed engineering. I managed to integrate the Doorbell API and also started to receive the events (Webhook's) from the Doorbell.

I am very disappointed with Netatmo, they launched a new product and none of their documentation is updated for the occasion.

The API is really useless or at least does not follow the previous standards. (We must parse / decode messages texts)
I have noticed the following issues:

1) If I compare the current Webhook payload of the NDB (Doorbell) with the received payloads from the other devices NOC (Presence) and NACamera (Welcome) they both have the field "event_type", that is pretty essential to be able to identify what type of event was triggered (movement, connection, disconnection, ring...)
@Netatmo Team: Do you know if the events coming from the Doorbell (NDB) will also get this field?

2) With the Webhook enabled for the NDB (Doorbell) device, I am only getting notification for the "ring" and the "accepted call".
@Netatmo Team: Do you know if this device will also be getting webhook notifications for: Movements, connection and disconnections?

3) The notification payload on the NDB is also missing a very important field "snapshot_url", without this feature we can't really capture or know what actually triggered the event.
@Netatmo Team: Do you know if the NDB (Doorbell) will also get this functionality?

4) Randomly mixed languages in the messages, one time I get messages in French another time I get messages in English.. I am in France but have configured everything in my account with English and don';t really know why I am not getting them in French for the Doorbell.
@Netatmo Team: Is this going to get fixed?

Example payload:
Ring:

Code: Select all

{"user_id":"123","device_id":"70:ee:50:XX:XX:XX","home_id":"123","message":"Home : Incoming call from Doorbell","push_type":"NDB-rtc"}
{"user_id":"123","device_id":"70:ee:50:XX:XX:XX","home_id":"123","message":"Home : Appel entrant de Doorbell","push_type":"NDB-rtc"}
Accepted Call:

Code: Select all

{"user_id":"123","device_id":"70:ee:50:XX:XX:XX","home_id":"123","message":"Home : Quelqu\u2019un a accept\u00e9 l\u2019appel de Doorbell","push_type":"NDB-rtc"}
{"user_id":"123", "device_id":"70:ee:50:XX:XX:XX", "home_id":"123", "message":"Vanves : Someone picked up Doorbell\"s call", "push_type":"NDB-rtc"}

Thanks in advance for any help,
Seb
Last edited by syepes on 05 Oct 2020, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
Leslie

Re: Doorbell API - Issues

Post by Leslie »

Hello Seb,

Thanks for your feedback, I forward it to the teams
As the Doorbell API is still under test on our side, we don't provide documentation for the moment
Of course, there's still remaining bugs and we will provide a stable version/documentation as soon as possible

Have a good day,
Leslie - Community Manager
msowen

Post by msowen »

syepes wrote: 04 Oct 2020, 23:50This weekend I received and started to integrate the Doorbell into my own home automation environment, and was hoping that the API would be very similar to the Outdoor Camera (Presence = NOC), but after some initial test and reversed engineering. I managed to integrate the Doorbell API and also started to receive the events (Webhook's) from the Doorbell.
I tried it myself this morning but I'm unable to get access with the scopes read_camera or read_presence. I only get empty cameras and empty smoke detectors arrays when accessing gethomedata. Which scope did you use?

Marc
syepes

Post by syepes »

You need to use either of the undocumented scopes: read_doorbell, write_doorbell, access_doorbell
msowen

Post by msowen »

syepes wrote: 12 Oct 2020, 14:40 You need to use either of the undocumented scopes: read_doorbell, write_doorbell, access_doorbell
Ah, great! That works. Thanks!
syepes

Post by syepes »

@msowen
If you find anything new or useful about the Doorbell please don't hesitate in sharing.

I have built a driver for the Hubitat platform, just in case you need more details: https://github.com/syepes/Hubitat/blob/ ... roovy#L593
syepes

Post by syepes »

@Netatmo Team: Any news or updated of ETA's on this issue?
The current state of the Door Bel WebHook notification is a bit useless right now, it would be important that we also get notified on a movements detection just like we get with the app.
loetman

Post by loetman »

i will integrate the ring Button and the Livecam feed into my Loxone Homeautomation System.

Give it a Workaround at the Moment?

@Netatmo Team: please force provide the API for Dorrbell, Thanks

best Regards
syepes

Post by syepes »

As always it's the community and not netatmo themselves that informs us.
I want to let you all know that they have just made some changes to the payload, it now includes more details.

I'll send some examples later this weekend.
giejay

Post by giejay »

Hereby some payloads from the webhook:

Person seen:

2021-01-18 19:02:07.806 [DEBUG] [ternal.webhook.WelcomeWebHookServlet] - Event transmitted from restService, data: {"user_id":"d","snapshot_id":"d","snapshot_key":"longkey","snapshot_url":"https://netatmocameraimage.blob.core.wi ... ":"Persoon gezien door Frontdoor","push_type":"NDB-human"}

Ring:

2021-01-18 19:28:41.281 [DEBUG] [ternal.webhook.WelcomeWebHookServlet] - Event transmitted from restService, data: {"user_id":"d","event_type":"incoming_call","device_id":"d:4a","home_id":"d","home_name":"Home","camera_id":"22:d1:4a","event_id":"d","subevent_id":"7a9d328-d","snapshot_url":"https://netatmocameraimage.blob.core.wi ... oming_call"}

Missed call:

2021-01-18 19:29:20.729 [DEBUG] [ternal.webhook.WelcomeWebHookServlet] - Event transmitted from restService, data: {"user_id":"d","event_type":"missed_call","device_id":"7🇩🇪2:4a","home_id":"d","home_name":"Home","camera_id":"22:dd0:d:4a","event_id":"d","subevent_id":"d-d328-41fe1c519654","snapshot_url":"https://netatmocameraimage.blob.core.wi ... issed_call"}

Return to “Netatmo API”