API : set Presence siren

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
kiboost

API : set Presence siren

Post by kiboost »

Hi,

gethomedata report cameras, with Presence with Siren having a siren_status setting being sound or no_sound

How can we use API to change siren status ?

Could use at least open, even not documented, the right command ? /command/siren_set_status?status=sound ?
php-simpleNetatmoAPI Simple to use php API based on official API.
Leslie

Re: API : set Presence siren

Post by Leslie »

Hi kiboost,

We don't provide any endpoints or documentation with API POST methods to manage the activation/deactivation of cameras and sirens
The goal is to avoid malicious intents with a remote deactivation

Have a good day,
Leslie - Community Manager
kiboost

Post by kiboost »

Even if I can understand that, this is extremely limiting for integration with smarthome solutions.

When we are not at home, a person detection is triggered from my callback, goes to Jeedom that can do some stuff according to other parameters, like turning on other lights and such. I can do whatever I want at home automatically with such setup. Having the ability to put siren on for a few second then off would really help.

And anyway, smarthome solution works with Netatmo API, so a malicious would have my credentials, then could just disable anything with the app.

What about integrating doorbell livestream and presence siren into webbapp ?
kiboost

Post by kiboost »

Ok, after coming back to this subject, did a bit of work and finally manage to turn Presence Siren on and off from external php script ..
Getting access_token need login/password appid/secret so can't see why you don't make it public anyway.

At least I can now trigger siren on/off from Jeedom regarding different scenarios ...

Return to “Netatmo API”