Access smokedetector ?

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
mdillmann

Access smokedetector ?

Post by mdillmann »

Hi,
using the scope
read_smokedetector
as documented returns no useable information using /gethomedata

Code: Select all

"smokedetectors": [
          {
            "id": "70:ee:50:5b:be:da",
            "type": "NSD",
            "last_setup": 1624787800,
            "name": "Rauchmelder Keller"
          }
and /homestatus for the modules is also kind of empty

{
          "id": "70:ee:50:5b:be:da",
          "type": "NSD"
        }
Logging in to dev.netatmo.com and using /homestatus there, a lot of valuable information is returned:

{
type:"NSD"
firmware_revision:108
status_active:true
test_mode:false
hush_mode:false
smoke_detected:false
status_tampered:false
detection_chamber_status:"ok"
battery_alarm_state:"ok"
battery_percent:100
wifi_status:3
wifi_strength:52
sound_test:"ok"
last_sound_test:1624788573
last_seen:1624787918
last_wifi_connection:1624787914
status_low_battery:false
id:"70:ee:50:5b:be:da"
}
But /gethomedata also only returns limited information there.

Is this a bug or is this the intended behavior ? It looks like that dev.netatmo.com has some secret scopes. What do I need to do to get this information from my smokedetector if I create my access_token only with published scopes ?

Did someone manage to get more info about the NSD similar to what dev.netatmo.com provides ?

Thanks,
-Markus
ketil

Re: Access smokedetector ?

Post by ketil »

Hi Markus.
I have a similar post regarding the topic, https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19917
A ticket regarding my issue which seems very similar, has been submittet and we are waiting as patiently as possible, i am sure they are doing their best with the time they have.

Just thought i could chime in.
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

Hi,
yes it looks like the webhooks have a problem as well. If at least /gethomedata or /homestatus would return the values for regular users the same as the developer-site, one could get along with polling for the relevant info.

Hope they fix that soon. Smokedetector is on the market already for some time.
ketil

Post by ketil »

One of the last things in the post was checking what data i got from /gethomedata and i believe i got most of the data at that point, So i might have been off or maybe its a result of them trying to figure out what is wrong.

Can you see when the last time you got the expected data? I think it might be relevant for their troubleshooting process.
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

Installed the NSD last weekend, so I never got anything back for it from /gethomedata regarding attributes.

I did get limited data from it in the events-section, but missing events similar to what you described in your post
mdillmann

Post by mdillmann »

I received the answer from support, that they decided to hide the valuable information one gets on via the "try-it" instead of exposing this as well to customers. So unfortunately not a bug, but a conscious decsion of Netatmo.

Their recommended approach is only webhook-events and polling for old events via eg. /getlastevents.

Polling API-endpoints for data/status (eg /hometstatus for Energy) is far easier (not easy to receive webhooks in you home-automation behind firewall) and it is used consistently in all Neatmo-products.
This makes the smokedetector really hard to integrate in smarthome-enthusiast systems like iobroker, homeassistant or openHAB and basically not interesting for this consumer group.

Return to “Netatmo API”