GETPUBLICDATA and total rain since midnight

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
cloud

GETPUBLICDATA and total rain since midnight

Post by cloud » 10 Aug 2014, 12:45

Hi netatmo-team,

I compare my weather data with the other weather stations in the area. I wrote a PHP code with which I display temperature, humidity and air pressure on a Google map.

I only get the value of rain for the last 60 minutes. This value is very difficult to compare if it has rained more than 60 minutes ago. Even if it has rained heavily all weather stations show 0mm rainfall after this time.

I know there is a method for evaluating the precipitation since midnight (with GETMEASURE). This only works if you want to evaluate only one weather station. I seek a way to evaluate all rain totals since midnight in my area. I do not want all stations evaluated individually on a loop in the PHP code.

Is there an easier way to get all precipitation data since midnight for all weather stations in my area?

Is it possible to retrieve this data via the API or can you extend the API?

thanks
thomas

Grinch

Re: GETPUBLICDATA and total rain since midnight

Post by Grinch » 10 Aug 2014, 17:40

If you only have a few stations (up to 5) you can bookmark them in the weathermap. If you then invoke devicelist with the parameter get_favorites=true there is a sum_rain_24 field for every rain module.
But I sign that the same field would be useful in the getpublicdata repsonse.

cloud

Re: GETPUBLICDATA and total rain since midnight

Post by cloud » 13 Aug 2014, 09:58

Unfortunately, I need more than five rainfall totals. It would be great if multiple weather stations could be read.

Return to “Netatmo API”