The 24h "ban" on the webhook seriously cripples usability

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
CopyCat73

The 24h "ban" on the webhook seriously cripples usability

Post by CopyCat73 » 31 Jan 2016, 12:43

I developed a plugin for the razberry that uses the webhook to inform me when people are at home or leave, and when motion detection occurs. For some reason I still have occassions where something goes wrong (in code, server response/uptime) and I get a 24 "ban" on the webhook. This means my security system is down fr the next day, with no means of actually retesting my setup agains the webhook. I can see the logic why there needs to be a blocking mechanism, but 24 is way too much. It would be nice if the api and webhook were tied into each other, so that I could do an api call that tests the webhook and responds to me wether its working or not. And if it isn't, I can send an api call to request a reset. This api call can only be sent once an hour or something like that. This way my security setup can still check if the webhook is functioning and fix it if needed.

Havok

Re: The 24h "ban" on the webhook seriously cripples usabilit

Post by Havok » 01 Feb 2016, 13:52

Agree with that. I had the same problem too with my script for integration of Netatmo Welcome camera on eedomus system.

Claire G

Re: The 24h "ban" on the webhook seriously cripples usabilit

Post by Claire G » 08 Feb 2016, 15:03

Hi there,

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you both for your feedback, we are going to look into improving things.

As a piece of information, I'd like to add some colours to this ban situation. The ban only occurs if we encounter 5 errors in a row during one hour while trying to send you data.

Maybe as a workaround, you could try testing your own url regularly so you can detect issues and solve them before hitting the 5 errors limit hence you won't have to reset the Webhook :)

I hope this information helps!
Claire - Proudly part of the Netatmo Team

Return to “Netatmo API”