What if?

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
vuu68

What if?

Post by vuu68 » 21 Mar 2016, 17:02

What if tomorrow netatmo doesn't exist anymore for whatever reason?

Would you open source the back-end and apps for us to continue to be able to use our thingies or should we throw them away?

I have bought the thermostat without the knowledge it was an online device (I should have checked). But I really like it now. I would like to know before buying other products as I am really interested in all the other products (Weather station, Welcome and Tags) but I would not like to be in the same hard place than the Sony DASH users who have now their devices rendered useless because the servers are not functioning anymore.

Another little questions for the Tags: Will the alarm activate if someone try to jam the radio frequency used by the tags or if a tag doesn't answer anymore?

vuu68

Re: What if?

Post by vuu68 » 01 Apr 2016, 19:13

Well, the speed and the range of answers to my questions really make me now really thrilled to buy other netatmo products.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

JanMetDePet

Post by JanMetDePet » 02 Apr 2016, 17:42

Welcome to Netatmo .....Their interests are in other things than yours, but they need your money for it.

Claire G

Post by Claire G » 19 Apr 2016, 14:14

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the question.

Apologies for the delay. Our forums are user supported. We do our best to answer as many questions as possible but in case you need direct support, you can always reach out to contact-support@netatmo.com or contact-api@netatmo.com for API related questions.

We've answered the open sourcing question a few times already on this forum. See here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3429
We will open source our technologies in case of bankrupcy or if the company shuts down.

Regarding the tag question: if the camera loses the tag signal (because of interferences or if the tag isn't working) it will trigger an event in the Home timeline "disconnected tag".
You will be able to set up your own alarm based on this trigger.

I hope this information helps and wish you a lovely day.
Claire - Proudly part of the Netatmo Team

Return to “Netatmo API”