Netatmo Thermostat API not good scope rights

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
netatmo_newbee

Netatmo Thermostat API not good scope rights

Post by netatmo_newbee » 02 Jul 2016, 17:55

Hallo,
I am new to Netatmo and Netatmo API. When I am using the API, it works quite fine for my weather station (i.e. I can display the temperature) after using the oauth2/authorize method. But it is not working for my thermostat. There I get:
code:13, Application does not have the good scope rights

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
An

ismailb

Re: Netatmo Thermostat API not good scope rights

Post by ismailb » 04 Jul 2016, 10:32

Hi An,

What parameters did you pass with the oauth2/authorize request? Are you sure you passed the right scope parameters? (read_thermostat or write_thermostat depending on what you need to do with the Thermostat).

Thanks!
Ismail, Netatmo Team

netatmo_newbee

Post by netatmo_newbee » 04 Jul 2016, 22:09

Hello,
thank you very much for your fast answer. I switched to oauth2/token authentification mode and got it working. Thank you very much anyway!
Regards,
An

crady

Post by crady » 25 Aug 2016, 11:21

Hmm... Having the same problem!

Sometimes it works and sometimes I am receiving that error :(

I don´t know, what to do...

I have done the following:

Created ID and Secret and used it to read data from weatherstation and theromostat into homebridge.

Then I tried to read weatherstation data into homematic using the same ID and Secret - worked good.
Then I added the thermostat to read date - worked good - but the I received that error :(

Then I shut down my raspberry pi running homebride - and it worked again. So I assume I have to use different id/secret. So I created a second id/secret.

This worked fine a few minutes - but now it stopped working again and I am receiving that error message again :(

Nothinh helps yet...

What to do?

requesting data for the weatherstaion does work without problems - but when the script reaches the point to get data from the theromostat it stops with that error 13

Thank you!

ismailb

Post by ismailb » 29 Aug 2016, 17:12

Hi Crady,

Are you working with the oauth2/authorize method too? Could you provide us with the parameters you passed in your requests to our APIs?

Thank you!
Ismail, Netatmo Team

Return to “Netatmo API”