Help request for an Android app showing Weather Station data

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
alcunaidea

Help request for an Android app showing Weather Station data

Post by alcunaidea »

Hi guys,
I'm working on developing an Android app which is an hub for all of my smart home devices (Nest Thermostat, Philips Hue and Netatmo Weather Station). In Android Studio I finished everything I needed for the first 2 devices, but I'm stuck with the Weather Station part of the app. I tried the sample app on Github and it works like a charm, but I need something a little different and, despite all my attempts, I can't really make it work.
In the sample app, all the datas are showed in a listview inside a Relativelayout, inflated by the CustomAdapter class. For my app, I need to retrieve the temperature, humidity and CO2 from the internal and external modules and set them as the Text of some Textviews I have in my already finished Layout. I tried to do it in the last two weeks, but without any luck. Long story short, I wanna retrieve the datas without using the CustomAdapter class, the Initactionbar and the onNavigationItemSelected methods (my app won't have any ActionBar). Just get the JSONObject from the http request, parse it and set the right datas as the text of my Textviews.

I recently started coding on Android and I'm not an expert, I hope some of you guys will be kind and guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Netatmo API”