LOCAL ACCESS API

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
gundal

LOCAL ACCESS API

Post by gundal » 04 Jul 2017, 22:55

PLEASE for the love of all devs..

ADD A LOCAL ACCESS API!!!!!
or at the very least, allow us to downgrade the base station to firmware v.101 so we can work around and have direct localhost access to the hardware without going through your servers!

We should not need to go through api.netatmo.net/com just to talk to our device, we should be able to discover it on a our local network and interact with it directly, so we can write our own webserver and access REAL TIME LIVE DATA, from the internet. Thats great thay you provide a free cloud service.. BUT this is severely limiting. I bought this hardware and expect it to work forever, not just if the internet is active and your servers are up. 10 min refresh interval is WAY TOO SLOW. I want to see the data change as soon as I take an action!

busthead

Re: LOCAL ACCESS API

Post by busthead » 27 Jul 2017, 20:27

I also support enabling local API access.

_Jens_

Post by _Jens_ » 06 Aug 2017, 19:13

… this would be nice, because problem with the internet connection and outages of api.netatmo.com (like currently - the last ~2 or 3 hours :oops:) would be no problem anymore.

tivo

Post by tivo » 06 Aug 2017, 20:07

yes, down since about 3hr!!
This is the problem with cloud services! :evil:

Amaury

Post by Amaury » 06 Aug 2017, 20:55

Hi guys,
I agree with you, a local loop would be very appreciated!
Do you know if there is a possible hack to do that?
It seems to be a deadend, I've found this old post:

Code: Select all

http://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=900&start=30
BR,
Amaury.

gundal

Post by gundal » 22 Aug 2017, 18:16

WILL YOU LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY AND IMPLEMENT THIS??

I have already returned my device that requires me to wait 10 minutes and access the data via your servers.

Are you ever going to allow local connectivity? I would easily buy the hardware again if you did.

Great product.. terrible support.

kiboost

Post by kiboost » 22 Aug 2017, 18:33

Sincerely, I would not put big hopes on this.

You are totally right that this would be neat, specially seeing all Netatmo servers problems.

But all APIs and scripting possibilities are just halted. Even Presence API didn't get update since November 2016 (https://dev.netatmo.com/resources/techn ... troduction), which is an eternity in the high-tech world...

There is great work on app front and functionalities, but scripting guys are totally given up.
Which is why I decided to make my own APIs with full functionalities and put them for everyone. Seems Netatmo have very little development resources and scripting concern only a few of us.
php-simpleNetatmoAPI Simple to use php API based on official API.

tivo

Post by tivo » 15 Sep 2017, 07:51

API Server seems to be down again.... :evil:

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 15 Sep 2017, 12:08

Hi,
Please apologize for the inconvenience.
The servers indeed faced an issue last night, from 1:00am to 8:40am (Paris time), which caused this unavailability of the API.
Everything is now back to normal.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

gloglo36

Post by gloglo36 » 15 Sep 2017, 17:28

@Brieuc_Netatmo

I can understand that running an api on an embedded device (with low resources) is not something easy to add (if you care for stability) but you can do the same as other IOT company that simply use an AES encrypted UDP broadcast so the device just broadcast data every XX minutes and that's all.

Getting and decrypting an AES payload is easy for us and setting up an UDP broadcast should not be a lot for you

Return to “Netatmo API”