direct access to netatmo devices

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
mwall

Re: direct access to netatmo devices

Post by mwall »

it is possible to access data from your netatmo base station, but only if you stay at firmware 101. this explains how to decode the data:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... EPRAVeyVW0

the base station must have a network connection, but you can point it at a fake netatmo server, or simply grab the data as the base station sends it.

after all, the data belong to you, not netatmo.

beware that the netatmowizard will change the firmware of your base station without giving you a chance to say no. also beware that it is not possible to change the wifi configuration without the netatmowizard, and the netatmowizard will not let you change the configuration until it has downloaded and updated the firmware.

it should be possible to create a configuration tool that will change the wifi settings on a netatmo base station, but someone will have to sniff and decode the usb communications to make that happen.

hopefully someone at netatmo will:
- provide a way to revert firmware to 101
- provide a way to decode data in packets from firmware 102 or later
- provide a way to configure the base station without touching the firmware
fabiochi

Post by fabiochi »

Any update on this topic?
Home automation is exploding and direct access to device is mandatory as Nest and other devices already provide
More specifically I would discover and consume thermostat from Rasberry Pi through AllJoyn and integrate with other home smart devices.
Many thanks

fabio
Polaris75

Post by Polaris75 »

+1 on all this.

I just got a Best Buy gift card for my birthday and was trying to figure out what to add to my "Smart Home" ... this was at the top of the list until discovering there is still no direct access.

My internet connection is very flaky, and I can't have something as important as CO2 readings (old house, CO2 gets well above 2500 ppm when the windows are closed and two people are sleeping in one room with the door closed) being inaccessible when the internet goes down if I'm relying on those readings to cycle my furnace fan on and off!

Please provide direct access!
fabiochi

Post by fabiochi »

Netatmo team, any comment?
thanks

fabio
fabiochi

Post by fabiochi »

please Netamo team let us know your view here
Before investing additional money in your thermostat I would understand if you have any plan to allow direct access otherwise I will consider different products as direct access is mandatory for home automation.
many thanks

fabio

BTW: why did you remove the last reply to this thread? I saw a message talking about usage of data that disappeared from the forum. Please consider a public reply next time rather than a censorship.
fabiochi

Post by fabiochi »

Any comment?
Hopsing

Post by Hopsing »

We are interested in a commercial integration of the netatmo sensors. Going through the server api is no option. No company I know allows data traffic to your system. So opening the wireless api would be a real opportunity, as I guess.
Please respond or get into direct contact with me. Thanks.
s1eepy

Post by s1eepy »

I am interesting in this too, getting a way to retrieve data within local network is a must.
PaoloV

Post by PaoloV »

Direct access in local area network it should be an obvious feature. I should have double-check the technical spec. before purchasing...
KaiUwe

Post by KaiUwe »

*bump* - any news?

Return to “Netatmo API”