direct access to netatmo devices

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
ironstorm

Re: direct access to netatmo devices

Post by ironstorm » 04 Jul 2013, 06:32

* What is the latest on this?
* Was xPL ever implemented in the firmware?
* Has anyone interfaced with it to pull readings from this devices?

I'll be waiting on the sidelines to purchase a netatmo until I know if I can pull data from it directly from it...

Cheers,

-G

ironstorm

Post by ironstorm » 14 Jul 2013, 09:05

Posted my scripts and templates to monitor Radio Thermostat's Wifi thermostat and the Tesla Model S using Zabbix on GitHub.

I'm not going to outlay any funds on NetAtmo without knowing if the unit's readings will ever be LAN accessible. However, if you want to ship me a demo unit, I'll have a go at doing a set of scripts/templates to pull the data down into Zabbix via the OAuth APIs.

netamor

Post by netamor » 17 Jul 2013, 23:39

It's a shame not be possible to change de setting interval of 5 min. For example the sound levels measured 5 in 5 minutes hasn't great interest because they vary continuously.

How can I "hijack" the device (indoor module) to send data every second to a personal server?

rbel

Post by rbel » 30 Jul 2013, 11:54

+1

I'm really interested in the retrieval of the data directly from LAN.
(Building Automation purposes)

ironstorm

Post by ironstorm » 15 Aug 2013, 07:13

Basically no response from anyone at netatmo on this topic...

I'm going to assume it's no longer a priority. I've placed my order for a Wimoto Climate sensor, I'll make that work to monitor weather instead, it's $40.

If you were going to buy, probably best to wait for netatmo 2.0 anyway I guess.

AstroFloyd

Post by AstroFloyd » 25 Sep 2013, 11:37

+1

I'm looking to purchase a weather station. It may cost a few hundred euro's, but for that money, I'd like to have access to it as well (I wouldn't buy a car to see others drive in it either). I have good experience with a WS2305 weather station, read out by Open2300 for Linux (I read it out every minute using a cron job). However, it's connected through a serial cable and I'm ditching the old PC that still has such a port. Hence, I'd like to switch to wifi. My requirements:
  • direct access
  • wireless
  • some Linux scripts available
Since I can't really try anything out yet, is there a possibility to publish the (outdoor) data from a NetAtmo station to a web page, which could then be downloaded and grepped/sedded by a cron job? That would be a bit of a detour, but would give me access to my 'raw' data. The only issue that would remain then is the fact that data are only updated every 5 minutes.

cdrik

Post by cdrik » 20 Oct 2013, 21:28

Hello,

I'm also waiting for a way to access data directly without going through the website api. That would be far more reliable when using these data for home automation.

Is it a feature that is planned to be implemented soon ?

thanks,

Cédric

Sinouplen

Post by Sinouplen » 18 Nov 2013, 18:09

Hi everybody,

I have the same interest for home automation from netatmo station.

In fact, when internet was done it's not possible to refresh your data from netatmo station so the netatmo station was not a stable solution from the moment.

I hope that in few times you authorized to access data directly without going through the website api.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,.
Sinouplen..

ironstorm

Post by ironstorm » 06 Jan 2014, 17:42

It amazes me that NetAtmo managed to ship a weather station...

They have mysteriously disappeared from this thread after earlier mentioning they were open to the idea of direct access...

Now they produce vapourware products:
- NetAtmo thermostat, a more expensive not as good looking version of the Nest Thermostat ($240 vs $200)
- NetAtmo June, a wireless sun exposure bracelet - a gadget for women (looks like jewellery, women care more about how their skin looks); who in my experience care for gadgets FAR less then men

I just don't get it...

If Nest decides to do a weather station, you guys are done. You'll have no advantage over them, and even if you decide to allow direct device access (which Nest may do when they open their API earlier this year), you'll be a day late and a dollar short, because I'm sure their weather station will look and perform better then NetAtmo.

jduffas

Post by jduffas » 23 Jan 2014, 17:34

netamor wrote:It's a shame not be possible to change de setting interval of 5 min. For example the sound levels measured 5 in 5 minutes hasn't great interest because they vary continuously.

How can I "hijack" the device (indoor module) to send data every second to a personal server?

I'm very interested in this idea.
I need to get temperatures values every 5 minutes, or less, I drive my own radiator with raspberry and netatmo api, so 10 minutes is too long interval...

Return to “Netatmo API”