getthermostatsdata only updated every hour / Web UI

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
gloglo36

getthermostatsdata only updated every hour / Web UI

Post by gloglo36 » 13 Sep 2017, 18:08

Hi,

I'm using the API for my home automation. I read in the documentation that there's no interest in calling getthermostatsdata every minutes as it's only updated every hour.

I checked and it seems to be true :(.

If I use NetAtmo web interface and check my graphs, I see that there is a datapoint every 10 minutes -> so I guess that every hour the relay send 5~6 measure to the cloud. Is it possible to get all the data used for the graphs (every 10 minutes) ?

I saw that it will possible (in the future) to download all / some of your data through the web interface, will it also be available through the API ?

And finally a last question is does Netatmo share publicly the features being worked on in the API (without any release date of course, just the thing being worked on) ?

Thanks in advance

PhilHornby

Re: getthermostatsdata only updated every hour / Web UI

Post by PhilHornby » 13 Sep 2017, 18:58

There is an (undocumented?) API call: 'syncthermstate' that the Web interface uses. (Requires access_token and device_id). There's probably no point in calling it too frequently; the thermostat ain't that responsive!

If netatmo don't want the load on their servers, they could always provide a local access API ;-)

gloglo36

Post by gloglo36 » 13 Sep 2017, 20:14

Thanks a lot, I'll prefer having a real official answer but that will do !

Of course a local access API or an UDP broadcast (easier for embedded devices) would be perfect.

gloglo36

Post by gloglo36 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:27

For other, I created a python script to use getthermostatsdata and getmeasure to finally get a graph with a datapoint every 10 minutes (like on the website) :

https://github.com/seblucas/netatmo2mqtt

I use it for 3 weeks now and it works fine (for me at least).

Return to “Netatmo API”