Test/Dummy Accounts

The Netatmo API is a set of webservices allowing developers and third parties to access Netatmo device's data.
sillywilly

Test/Dummy Accounts

Post by sillywilly » 02 Jan 2013, 00:44

I am trying to write an application which uses OAuth but because I only own one station I only have my own account/data to test with.
It would be really helpful if there were some dummy accounts available to test against. They could have fake module data.

In fact you could even make a feature of them - allowing potential customers to try out the iPhone / Android apps with the fake accounts before purchasing.

ptrognon

Re: Test/Dummy Accounts

Post by ptrognon » 02 Jan 2013, 08:59

sillywilly wrote:I am trying to write an application which uses OAuth but because I only own one station I only have my own account/data to test with.
It would be really helpful if there were some dummy accounts available to test against. They could have fake module data.

In fact you could even make a feature of them - allowing potential customers to try out the iPhone / Android apps with the fake accounts before purchasing.
another solution is a read-only account attached to our main account, if we have this one I can for exemple give you my readonly account, and you give me your readonly account.
With this readonly account we can only read data from the API and we can not logon on website to modify private informations.

(sorry for my english but I think you understand)

trosenblatt

Post by trosenblatt » 02 Jan 2013, 12:15

You can be a friend of our netatmo headquarters station, by following this link :
http://www.netatmo.com/en-US/addguest/i ... 0:00:02:20

You can then test API on this read-only device.
Regards,

Thomas. (Netatmo Team)
Thomas Rosenblatt, Netatmo Team.

mrtnlwrnce

Post by mrtnlwrnce » 06 Feb 2013, 07:03

sillywilly wrote:I am trying to write an application which uses OAuth but because I only own one station I only have my own account/data to test with.

So your application is some sort of content moderation based, right?
Use the excellent service of Content Moderation

Return to “Netatmo API”