Feature requests for the iPhone / iPad App

Remarks, questions, tips and tricks regarding the Netatmo iPhone application.
Una Real

Re: Feature requests for the iPhone / iPad App

Post by Una Real »

mjgrady71 wrote:I guess this is a feature request or maybe a bug resolution. I don't care for the way the app changes the Y-axis scale dynamically as you scroll thru the data. Sometimes the dynamic change is nonsensical. For example, scrolling thru CO2 data, it was using a scale of 0-1200 (some values were above 800 in the period), but then I moved forward into a time period where all values were below 800 (well below) and the scale changed to 0-1600. Makes no sense.

Since you know all of the data in advance, how about selecting a scale that works and stick with it?
+1 - this has been bothering me for awhile - glad someone posted about it.
falkio

Post by falkio »

Is it possible to display the outdoor temperature for example as the red notification bubble over the app button? Similar to the amount of unread email and missed phone calls etc.
tecumseh

Post by tecumseh »

Sunrise, sunset and moonphase will be good idee :)
biondi

Post by biondi »

I'd like to request that for the iPad app there is an option to allow us to display only the Netatmo data, not the forecast stuff. I never use this and it just takes up space on the screen.
Una Real

Post by Una Real »

biondi wrote:I'd like to request that for the iPad app there is an option to allow us to display only the Netatmo data, not the forecast stuff. I never use this and it just takes up space on the screen.
Same here - mainly because aside from the temperature and wind data, it's rarely correct. By that I mean it almost never agrees with the MeteoGroup's own apps in terms of precipitation and hours of sunshine. And I don't mean they disagree by just a little bit. For example, on this coming Saturday Netatmo shows 1.7 hours of sunshine and MeteoGroup is showing 10.2 hours. And for this coming Sunday Netatmo is showing 0.08 inches of precip and MeteoGroup is showing 0.48. That's a pretty big difference. And these are just some random examples. These types of discrepancies happen all the time and are not limited to just one day out of the seven.

Then there's the UV forecast. Now, this is partly the MeteoGroup's fault. Because on their iPad app the UV figure will represent the most sunshine at any point in the day. So if it's cloudy all day, but is clear for an hour they show a UV of 10. I pointed out to them how ridiculous that was and, to their credit, they listened and fixed it in the iPhone app. So they now show a range of values - say 5-10. But they haven't gotten around to fixing it in their iPad app yet. And that's the data they apparently feed Netatmo.

So, yeah I just completely ignore the Netatmo forecast info too. Because who needs to be constantly parsing what's right and what isn't. It's just much easier to get that info from a reliable source in the first place. And I completely agree it would be awesome to be able to hide it on the Netatmo because it's kind of like a car wreck. Hard to ignore when it's right there in front of you.
geolocura

Post by geolocura »

Hi, a simple feature that would be great is to display calculated Dew Point alongside the outdoor temperature and humidity. Thanks!
InTimo

Post by InTimo »

tecumseh wrote:Sunrise, sunset and moonphase will be good idee :)
Great idea..
QWallyTy

Post by QWallyTy »

Hello,

a view of all sensors / modules data in a table would be nice.

At the moment I have to scroll down touch one button for a module, scroll down select another module, …

A view like in Weather Pro (iPhone) with all data in a list would bee very nice.

P. S. is there a list of apps using the netatmo API?
bambou55

Post by bambou55 »

Je souhaite organiser mes 3 sondes intérieurs dans l'ordre que je souhaite et non dans l'ordre à laquelles je les ai annoncées !

Sorry, I dont speak english... if someone would translate ;)
andpotti

Post by andpotti »

Love to see coloured dots in the ipad app on each sensor select button indicating comfort levels, a bit like the side bar on the web app. Just so all is visible at a glance.

Return to “Weather Station iOS Application”