Valves in specific room overshoots the heating

Stigem

Valves in specific room overshoots the heating

Post by Stigem »

Hello,
I recently bought three smart valves, and while two rooms in my 3-room apartment are now pretty consistently heated, the valve in the third room keeps overshooting the heat. Most of the time it’s not gonna close until it shows on the valve that the temperature is 0.5 degrees above the set-point temperature.
1DDAFB5D-5481-471A-9DE2-63BCAE07D803.jpeg
1DDAFB5D-5481-471A-9DE2-63BCAE07D803.jpeg (37.8 KiB) Viewed 880 times
It results in some pretty hefty swings in temperature:
DC0F640D-062A-49B2-B184-C958D08E74A7.jpeg
DC0F640D-062A-49B2-B184-C958D08E74A7.jpeg (123.31 KiB) Viewed 880 times

I have tested to confirm that it is not a problem with the valve. I switched two valves around, both physically and in the app. Almost immediately, the valve that worked fine before started this overshooting behavior, and the other one was making a more consistent temperature. So it seems to be a problem with how the room has been coded.

Apart from that the valves also “forget” the true temperature setting. This morning the wonky valve was unable to measure the temperature as above 21.5 when in reality it was above 24. I set the true temperature of that valve yesterday, and I had not done so for at least a week before that. But I have had to set the true temperature several times for the valves during the time I have had them.

I am on the latest versions of firmware (relay v222, valve v85). Has anyone got any tips? Should I maybe remove the valves and then install them again?

I hope someone can help.
/Stigem
nethome

Re: Valves in specific room overshoots the heating

Post by nethome »

Hello,
I have the same problem did you solve it maybe ?

https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=19786

https://youtu.be/ss9R6OMMEu4
smolep

Re: Valves in specific room overshoots the heating

Post by smolep »

I also noticed that this problem appears when I open the window for a long time and temperature drops a lot. Then when I close the window and turn on heating the readings of temperature is about 3-4 degree Celsius lower than true ambient temperature. I have this problem for 3+ years now. It happens practically every day. Sometimes we cannot sleep because radiator valves shows 19 degree but true ambient temperature is 23+ degree.

And my bill for gas is much higher because of that.

Probably I will give up on netatmo and buy more stable solution.

Return to “General questions”