Valve closing before Heating shuts off

Pim205GTI

Valve closing before Heating shuts off

Post by Pim205GTI »

Can someone explain to me why the relay first closes the radiator valve and the approximate 3 minutes later shuts off the boiler ?
My boiler tries to push water through the system while there are no valves open.
I have a small radiator as a bye pass but still the boiler bypass valve opens and it shuts down for safety reasons
Open Therm Thermostat
Vailliant Ecotec Plus
7 Radiator Valves
Mark@BC

Re: Valve closing before Heating shuts off

Post by Mark@BC »

Because the boiler has an internal safety of not overheating after the relay gives the signal the stop the heating.

The pump of the boiler keeps running for a couple of minutes to cool the boiler. This is why you need a bypass if you only use thermostatic valves.

If you only use 1 radiator as a bypass it should be fully open, delivery and return.
1x Presence outdoor camera siren V3.18.0
2x Thermostat V76 + 10x Valves V100 + relais 236
1x weather station v202, outdoor module V53 and additional indoor module V53
Pim205GTI

Post by Pim205GTI »

Mark@BC wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 20:29 If you only use 1 radiator as a bypass it should be fully open, delivery and return.
No, I disagree with you. If there is 1 radiator fully open all the time, the pressure difference over the other radiators is too low and will not heat up. Most off the water flow will then go through the open radiator.

Secondly, where should this radiator be. In the hall way as suggested ? For me a lot off wasted energy heating a room which it doesn't heat.
Then maybe the living room. No because then my living room gets heated all the time and gets to warm when the living room is on temperature but the bedrooms are not.

Back to my original question which was maybe not clear enough.

My observation on my system :
1 The system detects that the heating has been enough or I as user lower the set temperature
- 20 seconds
2 System closes radiator valves
- 3 minutes
3 System stops the boiler from heating

Why are action numbers two and three not reverse ?? First you stop the boiler from heating ( and boiler pumps an extra 2 minutes ) and then you close the radiator valves.
Result is that the bypass valve is no longer opened and boiler does not go into safety ( waiting ) mode.

It should be like cooking. Meat is ready - Remove Heat - Remove Skillet
Open Therm Thermostat
Vailliant Ecotec Plus
7 Radiator Valves
safacond

Post by safacond »

Hi, I fully agree with Pim205GTI. Shutting off the flow before turning off the boiler is a serious mistake and is also dangerous for the circuit to over-pressure. It is sufficient to insert a delay of 2..3 minutes in the firmware. I've been reporting this error to consumer service for a long time but haven't gotten the update yet.

Return to “General questions”