Open Window detection

Kuketsu

Re: Open Window detection

Post by Kuketsu » 18 Feb 2019, 10:43

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote: 1. We do not want to add a push notification for open window detection. Valves are not an alarm system, we assume you know when you open a window to renew the air of a room.
Hi,
Not for an alarm system purpose, but it would be nice to have a push notification telling us when the room will start to heat again. A simple "Reminder : heater in room 1 will resume in 5 minutes" would be nice...
Because, yeah, we know when we open a window. But when I open one, I don't set a timer telling me that I have 30min until I have to close it. I do other stuff and forget the time.
So heating a room with a window open is not eco friendly...

Please, add this notification :)
Relais : 70:ee:50:0c:5a:24 (v203)
Thermostat : j0c349e (v71)
Vannes : o03dc8d (v79) ; o03dbfc (v79)

volleynet

Post by volleynet » 18 Feb 2019, 13:31

Hello my relay sn is j073280
thanks

gridou2001

Post by gridou2001 » 18 Feb 2019, 15:15

Hello, I think I have mistaken my serial number dit update: the relay is 70:ee:50:23:db:9e, with 2 valves.
Thank you.
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hello everyone,
If you're interested to try before anyone else the new firmware which includes the Open Window Detection feature, please post here the serial number of the Relay to which your Valves are paired.
Have a lovely day!
Brieuc_netatmo,
the relay updated to 203. one of the 3 valve to 78. I assume the other 2 will be updated later on.
the question is: how do we give feedback about the new functionality?
here? with tickets? we do not have to give feedback because you are monitoring our systems?
regards
tommaso

Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino » 18 Feb 2019, 23:12

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote: Thank you for your report, you can share your feedback here.
We're going to investigate on the display refresh issue. How long did you wait between the setpoint change and taking your photo?
several minutes. also this evening the valve 01:26:d2 is showing a temperarure on the display (21.5) that is different from what is displayed in the app (20.5). it now several hours that is like that.
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:About your questions:
1. We do not want to add a push notification for open window detection. Valves are not an alarm system, we assume you know when you open a window to renew the air of a room.
That is correct, it is to know if the valve has correctly "intercepted" an opened window or on the contrary to know if the valve believe that a window is opened (so stopping heating) while it is not.
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:
2. Not correct, the open window detetion works whatever the origin of the setpoint (manual boost or schedule). Please perform other tests, keeping in mind all the prerequisites for the feature to work as expected (read the "more info" link in the open window detection settings menu).
ok I've tested again and confirm that it works also with Manual boost

tommaso

P.S. one more side effect of new firmware. The temperature calibration algorithm of my valves is apparently lost, and now valves do not have a correct reading while radiators are hot. It is expected that the update resets the algorithm?

We are all here to make the Netatmo system working as best in class...

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 19 Feb 2019, 09:27

Hi Tommaso,
Thank you for your feedback!
- About the notification, the Valve displays the Open Window logo, and the Energy App displays a yellow exclamation mark on the room where a Valve has detected an open window.
- Thanks to the early reports, we've just found a potential issue with the dispaly of the measured temperature. It will be fixed ASAP.
"We are all here to make the Netatmo system working as best in class..." > I could not have said it better :)
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

rebelo

Post by rebelo » 19 Feb 2019, 12:18

Here and after a day the reading in valves/ app is looking good, eventhough on the first hours there was a difference between them.
The OWD worked good this morning in a boost, the window logo appeared in the valve and the yellow exclamation mark was in the android app with an option to keep it or restart the heating.

Keep up the good work!

Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino » 19 Feb 2019, 12:42

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi Tommaso,
Thank you for your feedback!
- About the notification, the Valve displays the Open Window logo, and the Energy App displays a yellow exclamation mark on the room where a Valve has detected an open window.
- Thanks to the early reports, we've just found a potential issue with the dispaly of the measured temperature. It will be fixed ASAP.
"We are all here to make the Netatmo system working as best in class..." > I could not have said it better :)
Have a nice day!
Any clues on the temperature correction algorithm that seems to be reset by the fw update?

lucaper88

Post by lucaper88 » 19 Feb 2019, 16:34

Hello
For about 20 hours my relay is no longer reachable, I was one of the first to receive this update and now I have the whole system not working. Does anyone have the same problem of non-connection? I tried several times to turn off and on the relay that goes online for a couple of minutes but then I lose the connection again. I want to clarify that to date I have never had these problems, and I wanted to point out that I also noticed the BUG of the different temperature teà APP and valves (- 1 degree on the valves).

At least I would like to solve the problem of non-connection

Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo » 19 Feb 2019, 17:35

Hi lucaper88,
Please contact our support team through our online Help Center, we need to investigate on this issue.
Thank you.
Brieuc - Netatmo Team

ufoun

Post by ufoun » 20 Feb 2019, 18:45

Hello,

I would like to test this feature.

MAC of my relay is: 70:ee:50:10:16:d8

Thank you!

Return to “General questions”