Valves Wont Calibrate

funkyirishman

Valves Wont Calibrate

Post by funkyirishman » 01 Mar 2018, 12:57

Typical

The worst snow storm in Ireland in a while and the Valves suddenly try to act up :evil:

Try to manually calibrate them no joy then removed batteries no joy. Nothing has been touched or moved and tried to adjust them manually and still no joy they are still show the ! sign and its bloody cold here

Any suggestions?

Schatzi

Re: Valves Wont Calibrate

Post by Schatzi » 01 Mar 2018, 21:26

Meanwhile deactivate de valve.

funkyirishman

Post by funkyirishman » 02 Mar 2018, 09:05

Now one saying that the valve is not reachable? Other working ok Try to enable makes loads of noise but nada

How can I de active them and then re activate them?

graemesmith1960

Post by graemesmith1960 » 05 Mar 2018, 16:44

I've got a couple of valves that randomly do this - not sure if it is interference but they are both at the opposite ends of the house from the Relay. I can press calibrate until I'm blue in the face and all that happens is a valve re-boot and usually disconnecting from the Relay (Unreachable). The only way I've found to fix this is to remove the valve from the radiator, take the batteries out for a good 5 minutes then replace the batteries with the valve next to the Relay. It will then re-boot properly and find the relay after a while. Now the critical bit. You have to run a calibration with the valve still disconnected from the radiator. I know it sounds weird but it seems to free up the valve so when you re-attach it to the radiator it will then calibrate properly. Don't take the batteries out after you have done this, just re-attach the valve and calibrate it. It works for me but sometimes I have to go through the whole process a few times which is very frustrating.

A great system when it works but still a lot of bugs to sort out.

To summarise:

1. Remove Valve from radiator
2. Batteries out for 5 minutes
3. Place valve near Relay (not on a radiator, just the disconnected Valve)
4. Batteries in and wait until it finds the Relay (usually displays a temperature and an exclamation mark)
5. Calibrate (seems to clear memory so it can calibrate properly later on)
6. Replace valve on radiator (if it loses the Relay connection at this point try batteries out for a couple of minutes to re-boot)
7. Calibrate

This seems to work for me every time now but my issue may be interference. I don't really know what the basic cause is.

steverabs

Post by steverabs » 09 Mar 2018, 20:31

Same problem here even with four bars on each valve minimum. These things are such high maintenance but great when they work.

Philbh

Post by Philbh » 19 Mar 2018, 12:08

I have experienced the same problem on quite a few valves. On a couple of valves I was getting failed calibrations and loss of signal daily. What fixed it for me is replacing the batteries with brand new ones.

funkyirishman

Post by funkyirishman » 21 Mar 2018, 13:01

Ok tried the below thanks for the suggestion

1. Remove Valve from radiator
2. Batteries out for 5 minutes
3. Place valve near Relay (not on a radiator, just the disconnected Valve)
4. Batteries in and wait until it finds the Relay (usually displays a temperature and an exclamation mark)
5. Calibrate (seems to clear memory so it can calibrate properly later on)
6. Replace valve on radiator (if it loses the Relay connection at this point try batteries out for a couple of minutes to re-boot)
7. Calibrate

Changed the batteries also. Kept getting valve could not be reached or failed calibration and the valve had 2 lines on it --
In work at the moment and no red exclamation marks but its happening a few times on and off. I have a few wifi connections in my house with Alexa, Hue lights,TP Link and Harmony Hub. Relay is downstairs above the fireplace

Heating coming on etc but just want to be able not for this to keep on happening so that we can control heat in the room

HurdyGurdy

Post by HurdyGurdy » 25 Mar 2018, 17:07

Philbh wrote:I have experienced the same problem on quite a few valves. On a couple of valves I was getting failed calibrations and loss of signal daily. What fixed it for me is replacing the batteries with brand new ones.
Same here , kept the removed batteries for the closer ones and they seem to be happy with them

graemesmith1960

Post by graemesmith1960 » 28 Mar 2018, 16:47

Not sure if anything has changed in the last few weeks but my valves have been behaving themselves. No exclamation marks or failed calibrations. I've heard the problem ones go through the calibration process a few times over the month but they do the whole calibration by themselves now and it seems ok.

funkyirishman

Post by funkyirishman » 28 Mar 2018, 17:03

Ok mine and sometimes calibrating themselves then not reachable etc so its random

Was told by Netatmo to swap the valve with one that is working. I will try this but valves are upstairs and they are the ones that give me hassle. While the thermostat box is downstairs does the distance make a difference?

Return to “General questions”