[Request] summer mode

Tommaso Florino

[Request] summer mode

Post by Tommaso Florino » 24 Apr 2018, 18:09

hello,
as the winter season is finished it is a best practice to leave the radiator valves opened.

The request is to have a standby mode or a summer mode that opens all the valves for a defined calendar period without pretending that the Netatmo system is trying to heat the house.
Does it make sense?
regards
tommaso

nyaria

Re: [Request] summer mode

Post by nyaria » 26 Apr 2018, 16:42

I have the same demand. I don't want to let the valves in "Frost-Guard" mode for the whole summer. Especially because when I set the valves in this mode then I always had to re-calibrate them or in most drastic case remove the batteries to operate perfectly.

Ric75

Post by Ric75 » 27 Apr 2018, 01:01

I completely agree on this request. In some centralized heating systems the thermal fluid must be replaced during summer season. Radiators must have the valves opened when the system has to empty so that the fluid in the radiator can exit from the bottom (if upper valve is closed the radiator does not empty).

basil

Post by basil » 27 Apr 2018, 14:18

I also think this a good idea. It was pointed out that valves recalibrate on a regular basis, but it would be good to have this as a selectable mode. As @Ric75 points out, it would make maintenance much easier, since with Netatmo the valves have to be physically removed from the radiator for the water valve to be fully open (for draining/exchange etc.) without danger of triggering the boiler and pump, as would happen if the temp. was simply turned right up.
For the same reason a 'close all valves' setting would be useful if a system vacuum is required (example: removing a single radiator).

Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino » 28 Apr 2018, 21:18

So let's see what Netatmo says about this request!

marvin

Post by marvin » 07 Sep 2018, 16:03

+1

Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino » 02 Oct 2018, 21:39

Summer finished. Let's see if this will be implemented 8n the future. It could be good at least to have a feedback from Netatmo if it's in the plan. They completely ignored this post, but it doesn't seem to me that this forum is too complex to be managed.

Return to “General questions”