Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

rado

Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

Post by rado »

Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station Indoor modules as room temperatures instead of valves temperatures (to control the bolier and switch on/off heating). Thermostat can already utilise outdoor station for heating predictions, by using indoor modules, assigned to each heating room with valves, would us give much better exprerience.

You cannot move your radiator, but you can move indoor module.
cgarde

Re: Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

Post by cgarde »

I agree. A separate temperature sensor which you can place a bit away from the radiator would be perfect.
2Qt2beStr8

Post by 2Qt2beStr8 »

+1
Relais: 70:ee:50:0e:97:fe
Weather Station Main Modul: 70:ee:50:6b:1d:9a
licchio

Post by licchio »

+1
Modulo indoor and hhc
Argalasti

Post by Argalasti »

+1
tuxbox

Post by tuxbox »

+1
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

+1
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Hello Brieuc_Netatmo and all followers of this thread!

I would like to confirm that the requested feature MUST BE. Please read my explanation and some suggestions why it is necessary.

I purchased smart radiator valves 1 year ago, so I had many issues (and I spent too much time) to achieve acceptable work from the valves because the temperature on valve is too far from temperature in corresponding room! So, I forced to set temperature offset for hot valves to maximum negative value (-5.0 degrees) and it is still not enough for some rooms! Even after all adjustments the temperature correction works inaccurate: these settings depend on weather.

I understand that Netatmo has no plans to produce external temperature sensors for smart valves, but Netatmo have beautiful weather station ecosystem. So, many of us (Smart Valves customers) have Netatmo weather station and many of us have additional sensors to monitor rooms in the same house where we installed smart valves. For example, I have these sensors in each room of my house.
Netatmo Energy ecosystem already uses temperature data from outdoor sensor. So, we are looking forward when Netatmo will implement feature for providing alternative way to take rooms' temperature: from corresponding sensors of Netatmo weather station. It promises to adjust rooms' temperature much more precisely and without annoying and inaccurate "temperature offset" corrections.

Of course, it could be good to connect each indoor module of Netatmo weather station to corresponding room that is configured in Netatmo Energy ecosystem (and Apple Home Kit too). However I understand that it could be not so easy to implement. The alternative way is to give possibility to select indoor module manually from the list on the room's screen (I suppose it can be easier to implement than first way).
Anyway, this possibility could affect the heating algorithm, however Netatmo already uses similar physical model to control temperature via Netatmo Smart Thermostat, so I suppose it can be easy to involve it.

So, we hoped that Netatmo will implement it during this year (and we have been waiting for it since the previous heating season 2017/2018). New heating season has started already, but unfortunately it is not ready yet. However we believe that Netatmo can do it for us — respectable Netatmo customers that have several Netatmo products. Besides, this feature can stimulate Smart Valves customers to purchase weather station and/or indoor additional modules for those customers who could have the most comfortable system.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
basil

Post by basil »

+1
May I suggest that the choice is offered for each valve. i.e.
valve only, valve+weather module(average from both?), weather module only.
I have rooms which would work best with each option.
Mir88d

Post by Mir88d »

+1
I will buy this valves thermostats only if this option becomes available!

Return to “General questions”