Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

manupraud

Re: Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

Post by manupraud »

rado wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 18:25 Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station Indoor modules as room temperatures instead of valves temperatures (to control the bolier and switch on/off heating). Thermostat can already utilise outdoor station for heating predictions, by using indoor modules, assigned to each heating room with valves, would us give much better exprerience.

You cannot move your radiator, but you can move indoor module.
+100000
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

+1000000
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Many of Netatmo Weather Station users have Netatmo Valves too. The measuring temperature near to radiators will never provide wth the best results due to phisycal issues (the laws of physics!).

It is very good that Netatmo company have so popular product like weather station! Because we could really use indoor modules for both your ecosystems together like it already done with outdoor module that Energy ecosystem already ultilise.

Many Netamo fans waiting for this important improvement already 2 years. I ask Netatmo team to re-discuss about this to convey our voice of customers and prove importance of this feature!
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
JakobAndersenDK

Post by JakobAndersenDK »

Generally speaking I get good and stable temperatures at the setpoint from my Netatmo valves. I have been using them 3 months by now, and I have only touched the true temperature reading once in the beginning. I only have a problem in two situations, mostly the first one: 1. When I use my fireplace in the living room. The temperature rise this produces is not detected by the valves, or at least very slowly, and as such the radiators often start to heat up even they don't need to when the fireplace is working. 2. If there is a lot of sun through the relatively large windows. This can give the same problem as the fireplace and cause an unwanted temperature rise. This does not happen so often though.

To those of you who keep adjusting the true temperature offset, why don't you simply change the temperature setting instead? That is what I do if it starts heating when the fireplace is in use. Simply manually turn down the temperature setting on the valves. The open window detection also do not work too well, so there I simply set the frost guard option instead when I am airing out the house. It would be nice though if this could be set per room rather than for the whole system.

But I would really also like if the energy system was able to use the indoor module of my weather station as a temperature reference for the room. This would in my opinion solve the issue of the fireplace, if implemented properly. In my opinion this is also a quite obvious thing to combine or at least connect these two eco systems. Why are they even two different apps?

Jakob A, DK
embeathome

Post by embeathome »

+1

I am also looking for this solution as in my house with my setup where I have underfloor heating, I have no other solution than using indoor modules to control room temperature in combination with valves which would just open/close and not temp measuring. So setup would be that indoor module would send signal to valve to open/close particular room. In other words I don't need valves with temperature measuring and display, I justt need valve wich could communicate with indoor modules.

Any idea dear Netatmo team, when this could be implemented or such valves introduced?

https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17625

Thanks,
Martin
jsbahnsen

Post by jsbahnsen »

+1

Netatmo, please listen to your customers.
I thought this was a feature when I bought my thermostats (5 pieces) as it is a complete no brainer for the feature list.

/Jesper
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

the only problem I see is that the meteo station could have only 4 modules (3 interior modules +the station itself) so it will be in most case a partial solution.
so I suppose Netatmo will not invest in a solution that will not satisfy all the customers.
JakobAndersenDK

Post by JakobAndersenDK »

jsbahnsen wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 13:14 +1

Netatmo, please listen to your customers.
I thought this was a feature when I bought my thermostats (5 pieces) as it is a complete no brainer for the feature list.

/Jesper
I didn't specifically think this was already possible when I bought it, but I agree that it is a no-brainer. Maybe not to implement, but it is really the expectation today, that the different products from a manufacturer can work together somehow.

Jakob A.
Vita80

Post by Vita80 »

+1

Please, Netatmo - I have same problem and this could solve my problem. I have bought all your modules, which you are offering, but I really need to use indoor module as main..

Thank you
tuxbox

Post by tuxbox »

+1
yes, please, this is much more important than open window detection to me.

Return to “General questions”