Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

ETHAN38

Re: Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

Post by ETHAN38 »

:cry:
1 Weather station + 1 thermostat V2 + 6 valves + 1 Smart Video Doorbell (Netatmo wall transformer) + 2 Smart Smoke Alarm + 1 Smart Carbon Monoxide Alarm + 1 2in1 Sensors
DamK

Post by DamK »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 15:24 Hi all,
Just to kindly remind you: we read all posts published here, so please be assured your suggestions are taken into account.
However on this topic in particular, there is no specific news to share since my last comment.
Have a nice day!
Hi Brieuc,

it's outrageous that you are ignoring your customers for so long. It's just sad that you do not support your flag products and you cannot provide us with such a simple, but very important feature. A feature your competition has provided long time ago.

Time to change the provider and throw away your valves.
Hakki

Post by Hakki »

Didn't read the whole topic, but just a reminder: Netatmo weather modules only upload their values to the server every 10min (with two 5min intervals). If you're heating 10mins too long, it can make a big difference and easily get too hot.
That's why it probably never will happen.I think I read once that it only upload once every 10min to turn wifi etc off for the base station and that way prevent the module from creating heat and so avoid having too hot readings because of the electronics.
ETHAN38

Post by ETHAN38 »

I confirm that I read the same thing. However, nothing prevents Netatmo from developing a satellite sensor that could be placed in the center of the room and which would correct the temperature estimation by the valves. Maybe with Matter-Thread or a new valve generation...
1 Weather station + 1 thermostat V2 + 6 valves + 1 Smart Video Doorbell (Netatmo wall transformer) + 2 Smart Smoke Alarm + 1 Smart Carbon Monoxide Alarm + 1 2in1 Sensors
Hakki

Post by Hakki »

Yes, a new product could bring a desired solution for many.
Maybe Brieuc should clarify this, so people know what they can or can't expect.
If you explain the limitations of the current product, people are more likely to understand instead of feeling ignored because no real answer or solution being developed for those that need it.
ETHAN38

Post by ETHAN38 »

I agree with you Hakki, especially since the community of ambassadors exists to test the devices but also to send suggestions, ideas, developments...
Too bad there's not more interaction between the Netatmo teams and the ambassadors...we're missing out on great opportunities
InTimo

Post by InTimo »

everything is very frustrating at the moment!!

currently the weather data and homecoach values ​​are “once again” not in homekit. all other devices (eve, etc.) work. regarding valves I will try this way https://smartapfel.de/alles-rund-um-die-heizung/ .. where; netatmo doesn't know off!

offtopic. by the way, the big bang that netamo doesn't even provide the valve-battery status for homekit!

Return to “General questions”