Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

tuxbox

Re: Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

Post by tuxbox »

Yes, please, i cannot express how much this _problem_ is really making the valves not worth its name!

It kind of became a full time job correcting the temperature readings as otherwise i would either in some rooms would have not enough heating and
because of others i would waste a huge amount of energy...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this SOON! Either with better correction possibilities, connection to netatmo weatherstation, API Access to do it self or whatever... but PLEASE!!!!! do something soon
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

about True Temperature. DO NOT ADJUST several time per day. last news from Netatmo (I opened a ticked for bad reading on most of my valves) is: adjust once (when radiators are hot) and wait 3 for days before another adjustment.... It seem to me too much having valves not reading correctly for 3 days; it means room being cold or overheated...but I want to believe them, so I am trying this procedure... I'll send updates here. up to now this is the result...
Attachments
Screenshot_20181220-230042.jpeg
tuxbox

Post by tuxbox »

I would love to try this, but this would mean days wasting really _huge_ amounts of energy in the whole flat while some rooms won't get heated at all. This is just not doable for me as this e.g. would mean leaving the kids room more or less totally unheated (there the valves always show/measure way to high temps and so never start heating).
So i currently _have to_ adjust not only a few times per day, but sometimes a few times in an hour.
Tommaso Florino

Netatmo support told me that correcting several time per day could be even worst as the algorithm could be "confused" and never come to a proper working mode
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Just look at this message from Brieuc:
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?p=65053#p65053
Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi,
1. It only depends on the temperature measured by both sensors of the Valve.
2. I suggest not to apply more than one adjustement by day, and to observe the result. Otherwise it can confuse the all system.
Have a nice day!
I recommend all followers to read the whole topic:
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14938
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
raoulvb

Post by raoulvb »

Why no update on this suggestion? It is exactly what I need. In my situation both valves are in location unable to measure room temp accurately. I have an indoor module in the room.
Alternatively I could use a thermostat but nowhere I can find if it can be used with the relay coming with the valves without connection to the boiler.
Tommaso Florino

Agree, the station could be used already as external temperature , I think that an effort should be made to include an option to use internal modules as temperature readings associated to valves...
stanikuz

Post by stanikuz »

Hello Brieuc!
Could you ask product your team whether this feature will implemented or not?
Last edited by stanikuz on 20 Nov 2019, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Kuznetsov
Weather: 3x Stations + 7x Indoor Modules + 3x Rain + 2x Wind + 2x Home Coach
Security: 3x Welcome + 2x Presence + 3x Smoke Alarms + 1x CO2 Alarm + 20x Door/Window Sensors + 1x Doorbell
Energy: 7x Valves + 1x Thermostat with 3x Relays
Jetmcquack

Post by Jetmcquack »

+1
mooncusz

Post by mooncusz »

+1

valves are absolutely useless, temperature measuring is wrong instead of some fixes in last firmware. I opened service request, but communication is just about waiting for new firmware.

please, connect weather station with thermostat! 2 heating seasons with netatmo was strange, don't wanna spend time by reseting valves to get correct temperature (or at least reset via android app will be nice)

Return to “General questions”