Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

tuxbox

Re: Suggestion: use Netatmo Weather Station temperatures

Post by tuxbox »

+1
vojta66

Post by vojta66 »

@stanikuz - Exactly, well written. Cannot be better explained.

Hey Netatmo, PLEASE LISTEN and implement this.
1Welcome(512), 9 tags (v58), 1Smart Smoke (v108),1Smart Siren (v209)
1 Weather Station(v181), Outdoor module (50),Rain Gauge(v12),Wind Gauge(v25),3 Indoor Modules (v51)
1Thermostat(v75+relay 2nd generation v222 + 5Valves (v85)
2Presence cameras(320)
Brieuc_Netatmo

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi all,
Thank you for this suggestion.
It will be discussed internally. Our current priority is to optimize the Valves room temperature estimation performance.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
basil

Post by basil »

Thanks for the reply Brieuc. Good to hear about developments.
tuxbox

Post by tuxbox »

Yes, thanks for your feedback Brieuc. Very good to hear there is still development done.

I just really need to emphasize how important it would be to get good temperature readings.
At the moment this is - sorry, but in my case(s .. with seven valves) - horrible.
I'd need to correct offsets nearly every hour. Sometimes only slight, sometimes with real
big differences.
Getting the option to use better sensor readings e.g. from weather station indoor modules
is nearly a must in my opinion. Otherwise this system will be very huge step backwards from my old one
(from eq3 MAX heatingthermostats with additional wall thermostats which gave very good temperature readings).

I just changed my whole home setup a few days ago from the eq3 MAX to netatmo valves and
am a bit frustrated.
Not only the firmware update process is a mess, but what matters most .. operation of the heaters ..
is a mess in comparison. Mainly due to false (to much off) temperature readings of the valves.

So, really, please please please do something so we get better temperature readings.

Thanks,
Frank
tuxbox

Post by tuxbox »

Brieuc_Netatmo wrote:Hi all,
Thank you for this suggestion.
It will be discussed internally. Our current priority is to optimize the Valves room temperature estimation performance.
Have a nice day!
Any news here? Just today i had to already correct valve offsets over a dozen times already. Otherwise i would have
wasted a lot of energy without need...
I even would be very grateful for a way to directly set the offset via the dev api myself. But currently i spent a lot of
time comparing and correcting those false totally false readings.
Please, i find this much more disturbing than open window detection. Without a relyable temperature reading the valves don't make
much sense at all.
tuxbox

Post by tuxbox »

Same today. Valve in sleeping room reported above 29 degree (while it only had 21). Corrected offset.. of course an hour later it thought temp would have
fell below 20 degree (while it hadn't) and started heating according to plan, but of course needless. So again, correcting temp offset. This goes every few hours...
Sooner or later this seems to get a full time job..
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

+1
recently valve temperature readings (and new True Temperature function) are not reliable. It is now really a MUST that valve temperature reading can be "controlled" by weather station.
lolodunord

Post by lolodunord »

+1
mooncusz

Post by mooncusz »

+11111111111 :-)

Return to “General questions”