Any/your workaround for missing open window detection?

tuxbox

Any/your workaround for missing open window detection?

Post by tuxbox » 10 Oct 2018, 11:55

Hi,

as open window detection is still missing.. today it happened to my wife, that our
heater/valve turned on the boiler for half an hour, wasting of course a lot of energy, heating
a room with opened windows.

But even if i would train my wife to manually set temperature ahead opening windows to lowest
manual temp, this is 16.5 degrees.
If it thinks it would be lower/colder, the valve again would start/trigger heating needlessly.

The combination of bad/very inaccurate temperature readings (near heater often nearly on floor height
where it is much colder and later too hot for measurements while heating) together with the missing open
window detection and the non optimal minimum setable temperature lead to a very bad combination imho.

Please, has anybody at least found a working workaround for this?

Thanks,
Frank

tuxbox

Re: Any/your workaround for missing open window detection?

Post by tuxbox » 10 Oct 2018, 15:34

P.S.: or please at least netatmo, please give us a api-call to manually reset temp-offset.
As i still have many wallthermostats fhem can read wirelessly i could trigger an automatic temp-offset to at
least correct the false readings of the valves.

mhaga

Post by mhaga » 11 Oct 2018, 00:26

Hi,

Create a custom schedule, a custom temperature and sett this custom temperature all 24 hours in all rooms/thermostats.
This way you can configure a temperature down to 7,5 degrees. Then, before opening the windows, change to this schedule.
You can also adjust room by room this way...

BR
mhaga

tuxbox

Post by tuxbox » 11 Oct 2018, 08:12

Hi mhaga,

thanks for the hint. Haven't noticed that for schedules lowest temp at least is reasonable lower than for
normal manual setting. Thanks.
That at least helps a bit.
I have no set up my home setup the way my window sensors via fhem-server trigger a schedule change
of the netatmo valves to a pseudo "windows-open-schedule".

Greetings,
Frank

mhaga

Post by mhaga » 11 Oct 2018, 13:37

Hi Frank,

Glad it was of some help. I have created many schedules for different purposes. It works OK.
Also suggested a "fully closed" and "fully open" option to Netatmo, as there are good use cases for such functionality as well.

I'm not that good at programing so I have not automated very much but I am exploring the "out-of box" functionality towards my needs.

Anyways. Glad I could be of some help. Good luck with your "open-window-detection-system" :)

BR
mhaga

Return to “General questions”