Valves reports bad battery while its totally full

Dr.Fix

Re: Valves reports bad battery while its totally full

Post by Dr.Fix »

Same problem here, I have valves since just 1 week, all on firmware 79.
This morning I woke up and found one valve turned off with an empy battery sign on it.. it was completey full yesterday night.
Removed and put back inside the exact same batteries, now they show 100%.

What the hell?
What if I'm away from home for a week?

This system is completely unreliable.
I wrote to support on facebook, let's wait for an answer.
nkh

Post by nkh »

It would be great if the default behavior of a "dead" battery could be altered.

Right now the default is for the valve to fully open so the radiator is fully on. I have 6 radiators around the apartment, so even if one or two fails it'll never get cold enough to be freezing indoors.

It is however a problem when the valve desides to open fully, 'cos if I'm not home to jiggle the batteries then the heating will be fully on, which is bad if I'm gone on holiday for multiple weeks and expect the system to be in Eco mode....

So, could you (Netatmo) add a setting to change the default "dead" battery opperation? Maybe so there's an option for "Fully closed", "50% open" and "Fully open"?

Then I can use the "Fully closed" in my set up, and users who're living in a colder area with risks of freezing indoors can use "Fully open" (and then the "50% open" as a middle ground).
trailmaker

Post by trailmaker »

I have the same problem for 10 days. I have posted 2 tickets to netatmo support for more than a week (2616661 and 2617939) but have gotten absolutely no reply.
Is there a solution for this? I have tried several sets of batteries including working batteries from another valve. In the meantime, the radiator is always on.
Roland_RS4

Post by Roland_RS4 »

Hi,
I made also a ticket and got also an answer. Maybe few weeks it took though. I could order then for free such stickers to stick on the lid of the valves. For now its working good. No more errors. I think this stickers are increasing the contact to the batteries.
Lets see how it works!
Greetings
Roland
Thermostat v75
Valves v85
Relais v222
trailmaker

Post by trailmaker »

I got the stickers through mail. But they did absolutely nothing. I still have the same problem with the same valve, tried again with a few sets of new batteries including a pair from another radiator valve that's working.
This looks like a faulty valve.
How should I proceed?
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

You should contact Netatmo support directly.
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com/en-us/sm ... -valve/top
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
tuxbox

Post by tuxbox »

Update: while valves seem to act better in this regard with the contact stripes it does not completely fix the problem.
Since a few days my livingroom valve started to complain about poor batteries (to replace them this month), but
1. after replacing them it showed the removed ones are still about 80 percent full
2. today/one day after changing them to complete full (just bought alkaline) batteries it again already complains :(

(and there was nothing changed on this valve.. no special heating schedule, no unusual/often boost or manual interaction at all... on this valve)
trailmaker

Post by trailmaker »

I contacted support a number of times but they haven't responded. I contacted them again today.
So to sum it up, I have waited almost 1 month to get a reply and order the stickers, I got the stickers and they did absolutely nothing and now I have been waiting for another month to get a reply again. It's already past middle of winter.
Worst support I have ever seen. I feel bad I have recommended your products to friends.
tuxbox

Post by tuxbox »

Again the valves report nearly totally full (at least >80% according to all measurements) batteries as nearly empty. i would have to replace them every few days. thats really really bad
Roland_RS4

Post by Roland_RS4 »

For me these stickers helped. Not 100 % as from time to time they show too early weak battery. I now use rechargeable Panasonic eneloop and till now its good. Could different battery size also a reason for this?
Thermostat v75
Valves v85
Relais v222

Return to “General questions”