Valves not closed

mhaga

Re: Valves not closed

Post by mhaga »

Hi,
Good to hear that this seem to work out for you.
My valve thermostats have behaved exactly as they should at my place as well.
Not one singe manual recalibration since I changed the batteries and no overheating due to valves not closing properly. Very satisfied with this. It is now over a month ago. Changed batteries 16. January.
I even got my firmware upgraded to the one with "open window detection". I think the thermostats got recalibrated by themselves during the upgrade, but still operating flawlessly.
Very satisfied by this. Not tested much on the OWD functionality as I got it last Friday...

I will report back by the end of the month as promised, with the status after 5-6 weeks of operating with more powerful batteries. Looks good so far, I think.
Thanks for sharing.

BR
mhaga
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Hi again,
As promised, I will update with my status after replacing the batteries with lithium-metal type of batteries.
Still every valve thermostat operate without any problem of any kind. Closes the valve every time. I have not calibrated my valves manually one singe time since i replaced the batteries.
Also got the new firmware with Open Window Detection and the valve thermostats now detect when I open and close windows. This is working very well.

I sendt a email to Netatmo also and asked if they had any comments on using lithium-metal type of batteries.
Their only comment was that they are more expensive. Nothing else.

I will recommend replacing the batteries with lithium-metal type of batteries if you are struggling with valves that would not close completely.
I had this problem for a long time and with all my valves. Not often, but from time to time. 1-2 times every month. Now this issue seem to be completely gone.
Can not promise that it will work for everybody, but at my place, it made a difference for sure.

BR
mhaga
Simon_the_Fin

Post by Simon_the_Fin »

Having the same issue in one the valves. It seems that it has to do with the Open Window detection or the firmware because I just found out the issue after the update and trying the OW detection. I was planning to do a maintenance in the summer with WD-40 and with some other tips gathered from here on the forum. Fingers crossed.
Simon_the_Fin

Post by Simon_the_Fin »

Found the cause of the problem: someone has bumbed the valve and slighty set it an angle. Slightly broke the adapter but not enough to brake it completely. Now the valve sits straight. Phew.

Return to “General questions”