Valves attachment broken

Tommaso Florino

Re: Valves attachment broken

Post by Tommaso Florino »

yes, I think so! there are very few plastics capable of withstand heat/cold cycles under stress...
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

another one yesterday. actually 4 of 5 failed with same defect. Not inspiring for the future...
Cristi_XP

Post by Cristi_XP »

Happened to me again... this in unbeliaveable... The valves don't have more than 2-3 years... :(
Cristi_XP

Post by Cristi_XP »

It seems no one is replying to my opened ticket... It almost a week and no reply :(
Ric75

Post by Ric75 »

One of my valves broke in the same place where it connects to radiator valve. Plastic pins are broken due to hot/cold metallic expansion of the radiator valve. For sure it's an error in the project of these valves, because plastic over metal will break due to metallic expansion when passing from cold to hot.
I bought them in October 2017. I imagine they are out of warranty now.
Do you know if netatmo provides a repair service out of warranty? is it cheap or a new valve costs less?

Are New valves better or they still have plastic pins to connects to radiator valve, so they will break again in 2-3 years or less?
Ric75

Post by Ric75 »

I made a business case calculation before buying them, but I did not considered the possibility of fail after 3 years (big error for an engineer ;-) ) .
If this his their reliabilty and MTBF is 2-3 year, and in the case there is no cheap repair service in place I strongly consider not to buy another valve and to replace everything with a more reliable competitor product.
Ric75

Post by Ric75 »

Netatmo offered me a new valve replacement for free to be ordered on the site even if my valve is out of warranty. I just have to send back the broken valve at my expenses.
I think It's a good offer taking in consideration that Netatmo could have rejected my request just saying that warranty is expired and that a new valve costs today (spring offer in amazon) 57€ instead of 79€ and that the delivery of the broken valve costs 25€.

Return to “General questions”