Connection between relay and valves are intermittent

Svanis

Connection between relay and valves are intermittent

Post by Svanis »

So, last week I got myself a starter pack with one relay and two valves.
Installed it and everything seemed fine. About an hour later I started the app once again only to see that the valves were unreachable.
For the next 24 hours I could see that they'd been connected on and off numerous times for short periods. Figured it could have something to do with crappy firmware since the valves were on v48. Waited and waited and waited until finally they updated to v79 yesterday (5 days).
However, the problem persists. They are connected intermittently, at the most for 60 minutes but I would say that the average connection lenght is around 30-40 minutes, based on "My heating graphs". The time in between connections ranges from 30 minutes to 4 hours, where the latter one is more common.

The range is not a problem, I have one valve right across the room, 2,5 meters from the relay (free sight) with full connection strength. The other one is in the room next door with connection strength at 4/5. I've even placed both of them within a meter distance from the relay without improved performance.
Full battery capacity. I even tried replacing the batteries.

I'd say that there is a hardware failure, what do you reckon?
Brieuc_Netatmo

Re: Connection between relay and valves are intermittent

Post by Brieuc_Netatmo »

Hi Svanis,
Please open a support request through our Help Center to be sure we have a look into this:
https://helpcenter.netatmo.com
In the meantime, please check the correct closing of the metal battery cover.
Have a nice day!
Brieuc - Netatmo Team
kozmix

Post by kozmix »

@Svanis, did you end up getting your valve replaced/fixed? I've installed my 4th valve today and am having similar issues with it, although currently it's still on firmware 48 so I may have to wait and see if the situation improves after it upgrades...
Weather Station v3 + Additional Indoor Module + Rain Gauge
Thermostat + 4 valves
Dapdap

Post by Dapdap »

Hey same exact issue here! With 6 valves

Netatmo support never replied.
How did you solve your issues guys?

Return to “General questions”