Valve: Wrong actual temperature

RavenDK

Valve: Wrong actual temperature

Post by RavenDK »

I have a problem with several of my Netatmo valves. They are measuring a lower temperature than they actual are.

E.g. The valve in Living Room is set to 22 degrees. The valve measuring 17 degrees, therefore the radiator is heating. If I measuring with another thermostat, the actual temperature is 26 degrees.

It was working fine for the first 12 months. I have tried to calibrate, change the batteries, demount/mount the valve etc. but nothing really works.

I know, I can use the "true" temperature function, but this seem to defy the purpose of it, since I would assume this should be use in the opposite case, where the temperature is higher than the average in the room. And its strange, it has been working fine before. It seems like there is a calibration or malfunction issue here.

Hope you have some good advise, since my girlfriend is starting to suggest, we should go back to normal thermostats :)

Thanks.
schmaker

Re: Valve: Wrong actual temperature

Post by schmaker »

Similiar issue here. One Valve shows wrong temperature after some time of operation. Valves are 1 - 1,5 years old. Replacing batteries (huge temperature spike at 16:00) fixes issue for a while.
Snímek obrazovky pořízený 2020-04-07 17-50-59.png
Snímek obrazovky pořízený 2020-04-07 17-50-59.png (46.94 KiB) Viewed 1408 times
Contacted support, no reply so far
JanickGersBB

Post by JanickGersBB »

Same exact issue only on one valve.
Did you solve somehow? 🤔
Jouidan

Post by Jouidan »

I was dealing with the same issue. Netatmo support recomends to switch off Open window detection feature. That helped me. they say that it will be solved with future SW updates.
ianmen

Post by ianmen »

I'm having the same issue, will follow this topic to see if there is any response from Netatmo.

Return to “General questions”