Reset True Temperature

kfrid

Reset True Temperature

Post by kfrid »

Hi,

I have used the True Temperature-function to adjust the displayed temperature on one of my radiator valves in order for it to better display the room temperature. My question is: How do I reset this function, i.e., what is the procedure to regress/return to the original temperature reading?

Regards
Ads

Re: Reset True Temperature

Post by Ads »

Hello,

Same for me, after a couple of hours of stability I tried the feature and edited the value.
There is no warning saying you can't go back to the original value :(
So same question, how to reset to default value?

Many thanks for your feedbacks.
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

There is no way to reset this.
It is also not like you raise or lower the read temperature by X amount of degrees forever. It is a change for the moment and the algorithm tries to „learn“ from your correction.
Of course, if you enter ludicrous numbers the Valve will only get more confused 🤪

What you can do is remove the batteries and put them back again. The Valve will reboot and show a live reading that will be way to high because it‘s taken right next to the hot radiator (if it‘s hot at that moment). And after a while, the system will correct this again.
But this is also a bit pointless.
Best way is to get another thermometer and take a measurement in the center of the room and use those results for Valve corrections.

I want to point out that I for example have to „correct“ almost daily some Valve readings of mine with the True Temperature feature. I have central heating in my apartment with a timed temperature reduction at night and a dynamic radiator-water temperature dependent on the outside temperature, both features I have no control of at all.
And the algorithm just loves this of course, unpredictable circumstances due to always changing parameters.
But that’s not a Netatmo issue, if you read boards for Tado for example, people have the same problem.
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Tommaso Florino

Post by Tommaso Florino »

and that's why Tado,that apparently is sensitive to customer needs and complains, improved the system introducing external temperature sensor for valves that for any reason could not be "true temperatured"... something that Netatmo does not whant to hears... there are lots of posts in this forum of customers complaining with temperature readings.........

very bad customer caring
GEORGzer

Post by GEORGzer »

🤷‍♂️
Home: Weather Station (V3 + Rain & Wind Gauge, 3 additional Indoor Modules, Shield), Valves Starter Pack + 7 Valves, Video Doorbell
Office: Thermostat (V2), Healthy Home Coach, Smoke Alarm, 2 2in1 Sensors

Not a Netatmo employee
Ads

Post by Ads »

Thanks for your quick feedback!!!
InTimo

Post by InTimo »

Tommaso Florino wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 22:15 and that's why Tado,that apparently is sensitive to customer needs and complains, improved the system introducing external temperature sensor for valves that for any reason could not be "true temperatured"... something that Netatmo does not whant to hears... there are lots of posts in this forum of customers complaining with temperature readings.........

very bad customer caring
+1
lolololo

Post by lolololo »

kfrid wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 09:49 Hi,

I have used the True Temperature-function to adjust the displayed temperature on one of my radiator valves in order for it to better display the room temperature. My question is: How do I reset this function, i.e., what is the procedure to regress/return to the original temperature reading?

Regards
+1
miksebik

Post by miksebik »

So it is normal.. to set truetemp every day, for example.. what a shame :( Now my valve shows 24 while the room temp is 22,8. I am sure it has to do with the temperature sensor.. OK, I am going to check the Tado and might consider returning this Netatmo that has to be adjusted way too often.
fabiopaolo.mazzone

Post by fabiopaolo.mazzone »

i have the same problem

for now i tried to provide another estimated temperature: i also sent a request to the support to understand how to reset.

As last chance i wanted to try the following:
-remove batteries from valve
-uninstall the valve from app
-delete room
then
-redo all above to power on the valve, reinstall valve and create room

Did anyone ever try that?

f.

Return to “General questions”