Strange behavior of smart valve, massive overheating

Steelpanscher

Strange behavior of smart valve, massive overheating

Post by Steelpanscher »

Hi there,

I have 12 smart valves. Sometimes I recognize that one of them do not stop the heating after reaching the set temperature, so I get a massive overheated room.

For example:
In the app I have set the temperature to 19° C for a period of several hours. The valve display also shows this value. But after reaching the 19° the valve do not stop the heating, so after a while the current temperature is 22° or even more, the valve display for measured temperature also shows this high temperature (while 19° is still the set one). I helped myself by manually callibrating the valve in the app, I can hear the sound of the callibrating and I do not receive an error from the valve after callibrating. After callibrating the valve works immediately fine. But after some days or sometimes some weeks I have the same problem again with the same valve.

There is also no error or connecting problem visible in the app.

I observed this strange behavior on different valves.

Any ideas how I can fix this?
mhaga

Re: Strange behavior of smart valve, massive overheating

Post by mhaga »

Hi,
Do you see that the heating is "on" in the app or is it that the thermostat does not close the valve properly?

BR
mhaga
Steelpanscher

Post by Steelpanscher »

mhaga wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 19:50 Hi,
Do you see that the heating is "on" in the app or is it that the thermostat does not close the valve properly?

BR
mhaga
Good question. I do not really remember but I think there was a heating sign. I will have an eye on this as soon as I have the problem again.

If there was a heating sign, it means that the smart valve "thinks" that the temperature was not reached, right?

Br
steelpanscher
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Hi,
Yes, I would say so...
Find it very strange that the heating is stil on and also indicating this, if the valve thermostat itself show 22º C. This indicate malfunction of some sort, I would say.
Try to find out. Check the GUI or app. Listen if the valve is whistling when Netatmo says "Off". Then the physical valve is not completely closed. Be carful, so you don't burn.
Also check your firmware on relay and valve thermostats.

If the problem is the latter, valve not completely closed, I would suggest to try more powerful batteries and also get the conducting adhesive for the battery lid, from Netatmo.
I have had this problem myself. Completely gone after these measures, but I suggest you investigate what is the actual problem first. Before spending a lot of time and money.

There are other topics in the forum covering this.

BR
mhaga
Steelpanscher

Post by Steelpanscher »

Thanks, mhaga.

I will try your recommendations.

I found the "adhesive for the battery lid" in the interantional shop, but not in the german one. From international shop I can not order them for a delivery to Germany. I wrote an email to Netatmo, we will see what happens.

Meanwhile there is enough time to think about your other recommendaitons.

BR
steelpanscher
mhaga

Post by mhaga »

Good luck!

Read this for details on the batteries I am currently using.
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=16385

Hope you find a solution.

BR
mhaga

Return to “General questions”